How Do I Fix A Flooded Atty

Hank

it's only a day old, i flooded it last night and blew out the juice and puffed until it started working again. This morning i put in 5 drops my mistake and i think it's flooded again

I've tried the same procedure but not a puff of vapor at all. Have i broken it do you think

This is a little trick I learned from Kitsune. Fold a paper towel until it fits into your atty and put it in there to wick the excess juice out. I do this at night with my attys and they last so much longer. If that doesn't help you can drop it into some very hot water then let it dry out for about 24 hours. I hope that helps.

it took about two hours to fix/dry out. I put 8 drops in the atty, and i know you should only do 3.

Well instead of tissue which i couldn't do i used a flatened cotton bud to put inside the atty.

then i put the atty in front of the fire real close and kept turning it round and giving it an occasional blow out. No damage was done.Thank goodness.

This has happen to me too. I found that if I take a pack of book matches, (you know, the old time, pull off a match and strike it on the rough strip)pull off a match, take the end that was pulled off (NOT the match end)and gently put it in your atty. The paper will absorb the excess juice. I got tired of rolling paper towels up and my over active mind came up with this idea. :jump:

Hope its useful :question:

Happy vaping

matches, do people still use them these day's. Your right about rolling tissue paper, the only matches's i have are wooden one's so i couldn't do that. on the other hand i could use my lighter as a bunson burner and stick it in the atty. :|

matches, do people still use them these day's. Your right about rolling tissue paper, the only matches's i have are wooden one's so i couldn't do that. on the other hand i could use my lighter as a bunson burner and stick it in the atty. :|

Using your lighter does not sound like a good idea to me.

Yeah, they do still sell the book matches. Convenience stores have them to give to their customers, you just have to ask for a pack. Also, grocery stores sell them by the box. There real cheap and come in handy for other things too. Some people keep a pack in their bathroom to eliminate odors. (when you strike a match the odor from the match over powers the other odor. Do you get what I mean?)

After the excess is out, you can also try a dry burn technique. (if it's not an LR atty).

1. hold button til it's orange (but not hotter than orange!)

2. let go of button, blow to cool (don't touch it with lips!)

3. repeat 5-10 times

4. it should be orange instantly now when button is pressed. If so, go to step 5.

5. pulsate for 15-30 seconds. (push button, release button, push button, release button) to keep it orange.

If you've washed it first, then repeat all of the above at least once. If not, then Happy Vaping!

(Tip taken from HighPing) (and I hope I didn't make any errors while relaying tip)

You can also just flow it out. I hold a paper towel over the battery end and blow through the open end. Give it a few good blows, wipe off the battery end and you're good to go. That will get most of it out fast. After that, you can still use the paper towel as mentioned above to absorb out some more.

Flooding isn't the problem them. If it's not heating up at all, then it's the atty. Do you have a multi meter? You can check the ohms of the atty to see if it's bad.

Edited by Brian