Cleaning A Tank Atty

WonKa

Anyone have a video or any tips on how to clean a Tank Atty? I was gonna do the Everclear thing, but I'm not sure on the differences between a regular atty and a tank atty and don't wanna mess up a $17 piece of equipment.

Okay, this is still a fairly noob type question but how often would you clean a tank atty?

I'm just going to take a guess, as I haven't cleaned my T-Atty yet- but I think the answer is "when it needs it". Clean it when you aren't getting a good pull, or the vapor dies down. That's just a guess- but sounds logical. I've also heard that regular cleaning helps make the atty's last longer. It does come down to how much you vap out of the atty, and if it's all vg vs. a mix, or pg. I'm sure there are some sweeter juices that gunk up the atty faster too. Anyone else?

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to chime in and say I cleaned my T Atty last week by a gentle boil, blew out to sit over night. The next day it didn't work. I ended up throwing it on the counter for a week till I could be patient enough to fiddle with it and it worked just fine. I'm finding my attys and cartos tend to take a long time to dry with and without a dry burn. So don't give up hope if it doesn't work right away. Good luck!

I have checked into cleaning a Tank atty since I am a new owner. This is what I have come up with.

Using tap water is not a good idea, something about the minerals in the tap water. Using alcohol is a better idea, let it soak for 15 minutes, blow it out and let it sit for 48 hours. Since the tank atty is enclosed the air flow is restricted and the wick will take longer to dry. If you use pg instead of alcohol and boil the atty in the pg using the double boiler method you can use the atty right afterwards. No drying out time. I am waiting for the second tank atty to come in and I am going to try the pg method. I believe that regular maintenance if any item will prolong the life. :thumbsup: