My Joye Ego Taste Really Bad! Need Some Help.

AR7K

Hello.

Today, I blew out my atomizer to clean out the excessive fluid as usual and then I dripped 3 drops of e-liquid into it.

After like 2 drags, it started tasting really, really bad! It tasted really burnt, kind of like burnt plastic or something (not that I know what burnt plastic taste like).

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with it and give me some tips and advice as how to fix this?

Friendly answers would be appreciated.

Thank you and have a good day.

May be a little hard to tell if you have not de-bridged your atty. I would recommend removing the wick, if you are Direct Dripping. LR is a Low Resistance Atomizer. They normally have a little LR on them someplace.

This was one of the reasons why i started removing the Wicks and Bridges from my atties first thing. Once these are removed you can SEE the atty coils and see if anything is wrong down there.

Once I had a burnt taste it was a small piece of the bridge wire mesh that got stuck on the atty coil.

Removal of the wick.

Removal of the bridge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5y92hSxwdI

Hope this helps.

OK, I feel jinxed. :wallbash: I read this thread last night. I had started dripping yesterday when I got my new TV juice, and it was great. I came home, unscrewed my 510 attys at the end of the night, rinsed them out and set them to dry overnight while the batteries charged. This morning I got up, screwed everything back together, primed the attys with a few drops and....nuttin. I read that I may "dry hit" for up to 10 puffs. Still nutting. Yook the wick out of one of the attys. Still nuttin. Or, I should say not much. I can taste the juice, I can get a tiny bit of vapor, but, not much.

What did I do? :iiam:

(P.S. I hope you all remember what it was like to be a noob and how much help received here was appreciated. I think those of you who have been helping people are amazing.)

Melissa

Sounds like you flooded your atty. If that is the case, remove the atty and blow it out into a paper towel. Removing the wick should not have an affect on the performance when direct dripping.

I personally remove the bridge on all my atty's. That way i can see exactly how much juice is sitting in the little cup around the heating coil.

There is a fine line between flooded and dry. The best part about removing the bridge is now you can see what is going on. Use caution when removing the bride as you could pull the wires out of the bottom of the atty that connects to the battery.

Also don't look directly down in the atty when pushing the button as the juice could pop out into your eye. Not Pleasant.

Have you tried a new atty?

Not yet but that's my next step. Ordered some carts today to help ease me through this learning curve.

Thanks for your help!

It may have not dried enough. After you rinse them out, you may want to blow through it to get as much water out as you can, then let it dry over night.