Truesmoker's The Dragon - A N00Bs Review

Ok, I’m going to break this review of TrueSmoker.Com's "The Dragon" PV into a few parts to make it easy … for me to write :lol: I’ll start with looks, go to “smoking” (can’t get myself to say vaping, for some reason I have a problem with that term) and all it involves, then end with overall impression. Beyond that I’ll give my impressions as a n00b e-cig smoker as I go along, what I think of the whole process, and my experience with TrueSmoker.Com in particular.

So let us begin.

1. Looks:

• What can I say? This e-Cig is absolutely gorgeous. Sure I may be a little biased because of my preference of dragons and all things dragon. Regardless, this cig is fantastic looking. It has a matte (flat even) black finish, which we all know is sexy as hell. BUT, add to it the very nicely done silk screen of a golden Dragon – which, according to D&D lore is a good dragon - and the sexy factor goes to 11. Add to that the nicely done carrying case, and you’ve got a winner all around. JUST LOOK AT THE DAMN THING!!! Oooooohhhh aaaahhhhhhh oohhhh.

2.“Smoking”

• Let’s start with vapor production. Ok, so I’m a n00b. I have no idea how to drag on (HA! Drag on, dragon. I’m so clever) one of these things. So, naturally, I smoked it like a cigarette. Well, it worked. Nicely. Granted I smoke by taking slow, long drags. That seems to work very well with this unit. I “primed” it the first few puffs by taking a short drag, blowing it out, and taking another longer drag immediately afterwards. Nice and smooth. Plenty of smoke, but really now, let’s be honest here – isn’t that really for show more than anything else? Would smoking an e-cig be THAT much worse if there was no “smoke” production? Regardless, I would put the vapor production almost on par with a regular cig. Almost. I mean it’s still vapor, right?

• I’m not sure what “throat hit” is, although I have an idea. That’s not necessarily something I’m after, but I think the way one drags on their e-cig determines if/how much of a throat hit one gets. I’ve read a whole bunch on these forums about people getting/not getting throat hits with the SAME EXACT units (not this one specifically, but X number of people with X unit). From what I gather, it depends on how you smoke, not what you smoke (and to a certain degree the quality of the product). So, I believe I have gotten a throat hit from this unit, don’t really care either way. I also think it depends on the type of smoker you were/are and how you smoked your cigarettes. It wasn’t something I ever really noticed (I am, or was?) a Parliament Lights smoker. Hell, I can blow smoke rings with the vapor, make your own judgment based on that.

*EDIT*
- I have since gained a better understanding of what throat hit is, and I consictently get a throat hit with The Dragon. I have also started dripping and find that I get great vapor, great flavor, and overall great satisfaction by doing so. I simply put around 4 drops of juice on the atomizer, cap it with the empty blank shipping cartridge, and vape away!

3.Overall Impression

• Ok, so smoking an e-cig is not the same as smoking a regular cigarette. Duh. However, it is damn close. And much more enjoyable. Seriously, I can smoke in the house. I don’t smell anymore (well, not like cigarettes at least). If it’s raining outside I don’t have to worry about getting wet. In the long run, if done correctly (using e-juice to fill your own carts) it ends up being more economical. As far as safety, or health, is concerned – let’s not kidd anyone here. These things are marginally better than analogs. The main thing going for them is that they have fewer carcinogens, byproducts, and overall badness than analogues. They are, however, still bad for you because they have nicotine and are not perfect. So what. If they are 70% better than analogues it’s a win in my book. If I can lower my nicotine dosage over the course of my smoking, and eventually get off nicotine while still enjoying a smoke I’m ahead of the game. So, in that regard, The Dragon (in all its awesomeness) is helping me help myself. I can’t think of a better way to help myself that with something sexy, like this bitchin’ product!

4.TrueSmoker – WTF?!

• 100% awesome. Seriously. Fast shipping. Great service. Someone who cares about their product, the quality, and is willing to go the extra mile to ensure you are happy with the product. How can you fault someone with such impeccable taste and sense of style anyway? Would I recommend TrueSmoker to a friend? Family member? Stranger? Every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Heck, thrice on Sundays.

Ok, so I hope this helped someone. Maybe not. Who knows. Whatever. Look, here’s the deal – I LOVE THIS THING. Subjective? Absolutely. Honest? 100%. Two beers short of a six pack? You better believe it. Take it for what it’s worth. If you have, or want, an e-cig that works and looks great – buy The Dragon. If you’re new to this whole thing and want something that looks like a cigarette because you’re worried about the “stigma” – STFU and buy The Dragon. If you are an alien from Saturn who has no idea what being an Earthling is about – I can’t help you there. BUT, buy The Dragon and GTFO.

P.S. – I have absolutely NO affiliation with TrueSmoker, aliens from Saturn, or D&D. I do, however, approve this message.

• 2 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines