Standard Noob Questions, Thanks

ripple

Well hello all. I just want to say this is a great forum, tons of great information here and a great resource and its greatly appreciated.

Like most noobs I jumped into vaping without a clear sense of what it is all really about. I thought it would be about replicating the smoking experience, thinking that was more about the form factor then the actual throat hit and lung hit, and vapor production. I ordered from Green smoke and instantly liked it, but within the first days of using the automatic battery and cartomizers quickly started having very inconsistent results - I am sure I am going to try to call them on the money back guarantee but every part of me thinks thats not going to go well. We shall see. I now realize that I really dont care what it looks and feels like in my hands but rather the actual experience it provides - lesson quickly learned!

So that leads me to my questions:

Question set 1

Pretty sure based on all I have read here I will be placing an order for eGo (I really like the stainless, thought I would mention it). So it says the kit comes with a "full size bottle of eLiquid - your Choice" I have seen the vids and know you should do about 2 or 3 drops and that should give you about 5 to 7 puffs. So first is that correct? Assuming so, a full bottle gives you about how many drips (or 2 to 3). I am asking so I know if I should order more bottles at the same time.

Question 2 - so I did order a bunch of cartomizers from Green smoke and while I can return them I suspect the restocking fee and shipping makes it more trouble then its worth to return them. So I am wondering if anyone knows if I can use the cartomizers on the ego. What I do know is the auto batteries with Green smoke are 9MM battery threads.

I think thats all I have for now, any help and guidance is appreciated.

Question set 1

Pretty sure based on all I have read here I will be placing an order for eGo (I really like the stainless, thought I would mention it). So it says the kit comes with a "full size bottle of eLiquid - your Choice" I have seen the vids and know you should do about 2 or 3 drops and that should give you about 5 to 7 puffs. So first is that correct? Assuming so, a full bottle gives you about how many drips (or 2 to 3). I am asking so I know if I should order more bottles at the same time.

Welcome! Two to three drops for direct dripping will get you about five to seven hits. How many drips in a bottle? How many licks to the center of a tootsie pop? I dunno, maybe 200 drops in a 10ml bottle? Assuming 20/ml. Get two or three flavors to start, that's my recommendation. I mean, you don't just like one flavor of tootsie pop, do you? ;)

You would need an adapter to use the greensmoke cartomizers on the eGo. I believe the greensmoke is an E9, so you'd want a 510 to E9 adapter. I haven't seen those around, but did find one HERE. Don't know anything about this vendor. If I run across it elsewhere I'll post back here.

Edited by Brian

Get a few small bottles I got 7 at first, them another 7 :) If some taste bad give them some time, I hated the two coffee ones i got, but now it's all I have vaped in days :) Some others still taste bad but if you only buy a 5/10ml it's not so bad. And personal preference plays a big part, I don't like my watermelon but it's my friends favourite.

If you get an ego leave cartridges off the order imo, get cartomizers instead, and a few atomizers and a drip tip or two. I use 2 atty's one for fruit/beverages and one for coffees/dulcis (awesome vt flavour) as they don't mix.

Welcome! Two to three drops for direct dripping will get you about five to seven hits. How many drips in a bottle? How many licks to the center of a tootsie pop? I dunno, maybe 200 drops in a 10ml bottle? Assuming 20/ml. Get two or three flavors to start, that's my recommendation. I mean, you don't just like one flavor of tootsie pop, do you? ;)

teeheehee.....I only vape one flavor, for like 7 mos now. I of course tried probably 100 flavors, got briefly stuck on a couple of them, but then really found that I only liked one flavor. I have occasionally tried a drag off my husband's various flavors...he uses about 8 that I have all liked prior to this one flavor, but nope, none of them taste good to me at all. Oh, and yeah, I only like chocolate tootsie pops, LOL.....I won't eat any other flavor. And the cappuccino that I vape, (actually a mixture of capp from two different places), is a flavor I probably wouldn't have even tried, because I didn't like coffee flavor at all despite the fact that I LOVE real coffee....I got it as a freebie with an order and instantly just LOVED it. It is funny with vaping how so many people end up LOVING flavors they would have never even thought they would like. I wouldn't mind having variety IF I could find any other flavor I like. I did order a pumpkin and a pumpkin spice the other day, thinking maybe that is something I could add to the capp just to change things a bit. But even other flavors that I really did like at one time like root beer and irish cream, I just can't stand them now. Weird. It really is a lot of trial and experimenting to find flavors you like. And trying to figure out what you DON"T like about a flavor. It is funny too how you can order flavors from different places that you would think would be the same and they are ENTIRELY different. Like the cappuccino, the one from V4L is a very light liquid, drips very easy, 100% PG....the other one which is from Gourmet Vapor is SUPER dark brown and VERY thick, you have to REALLY squeeze the bottle to get it to drip, that one is 80%PG 20%VG. and it is a MUCH MUCH more intense strong flavor. No way could I ever vape that on it's own. I tried it and it was just soooo overpowering and crazy strong. But mixed with the other one which is a rather mellow flavor, it is GREAT. Anyway, finding a flavor you like takes a lot of playing around and trying a lot of liquid.

thanks for the input. Its so all so foreign to a noob like me after years and years of just going into a store and asking for 2 or 3 boxes of your normal cig brand to think about the different options, flavors, hardware and software that its just such a challenge to get your hands around and make a sound choice to get started. I have come to accept that I will make mistakes along the way and this will be a trial and error approach to the journey of transitioning from a smoker to a vaper.

Its pretty simple to envision what a bottle of 10 or 20 ML looks like but how that translates into how many drops does one typically get out of a bottle -- whew. I of course realize that typical is always the challenge, what is typical to one person is so varied from person to person.

To that end I have pulled the trigger and my eGo is packed and ready to go, with my tracking number in hand. I went ahead and got four flavors and the trial and error method round 2 is underway - or will be in a couple of days.

Thanks to all who are willing to share and I hope to be a contributing member of the community as my journey gets going

Yeah for an eGo order and four flavors! You won't be disappointed. And whatever your favorite "tootsie pop" flavor ends up being, I'm sure it will be a fun journey. Enjoy and vape on!