Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo

Can You Burn Out Your Taste Buds?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 joylynne

joylynne

VT Member

• VT Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 02:38 PM

Strange question
Can you actually burn out your taste buds after a while? I say this because for some reason today I literally can't taste anything from the liquid I am using. A friend let me sample some Hopscotch liquid from freedomsmokeusa on Thursday. I switched out my atomizer because I cleaned the other one yesterday and for some reason I can't taste ANYTHING! Before this had a real rich maple-buttery-werthers original type taste that I LOVE, but today nada. I even tried it on my husbands cig and still nada. My husband says it tastes fine to him but for me I am having a real serious problem here. I tried everything. I thought it was the listerine I use every am/pm after brushing but that doesn't make sense because I do that everyday and only had that problem beginning this morning. I am not sick so that's not it.

Has this happened to anyone?? What do I do?! :help:

#2 jeffb

jeffb

I always will be awesome

• V|T Admin
  • 8,137 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas & getting caught in the rain

Posted 02 October 2010 - 02:46 PM

If Im vaping a lot, I find my ability to taste e-liquid diminishes. I dont know of a solution for this other than to stop vaping for awhile, which for me is never an alternative :D

#3 joylynne

joylynne

VT Member

• VT Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 02:54 PM

That's what I was thinking....maybe I just over-did it with this stuff. It's really really tasty. I will try and put it down for a few hours and see what happens. I can't even taste much of the Pepsi I am drinking at the moment or the bagel with chive and onion spread (great combo I know)...that's saying something!

#4 Lily

Lily

Mega Poster

• VIP Member
  • 345 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 03:27 PM

Hi joylynne, when I'm vaping a lot as well and sometimes sporadically during the day, my tastebuds seem to not be operating correctly imo. I will switch flavors. Sometimes that will do the trick. Then I've had days, not many, where the taste of e-liquid falls flat, maybe time to use a new cartomizer or break in a new atty. I wonder too, if it's the VG or PG base hitting my throat? Idk, but it seldom goes beyond the time frame of a day.

Edited by Lily, 02 October 2010 - 03:28 PM.

#5 mcquinn

mcquinn

Vapor Talk God Poster

• VIP Member
  • 3,482 posts
  • Interests:HVAC/R tech.,guitar,music in general,

Posted 02 October 2010 - 03:28 PM

Find something very different to vape like clove ,I have to switch off between two different flavors during the day to keep that from happening.Kind of bites when you find a really awesome flavor and you can't taste it halfway thru the bottle.

#6 Marleen

Marleen

VT Member

• VT Member
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:Vaping! And...... internet, cats, camping

Posted 02 October 2010 - 04:12 PM

This has happened to me also and I wasn't even able to get a good throat hit anymore. So today I tried a strong cinnamon flavor and that worked for me.

#7 joylynne

joylynne

VT Member

• VT Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 04:48 PM

Well I am sitting down eating dinner and still can barely taste my food. But still I can taste at least something at this point. My toungue feels a little sensitive to the heat of the food so maybe I burned my tongue on the coffee this morning ?? ?? Maybe I don't know. I don't have a whole lot of flavors to cycle through right now. The ones I have are really not good. Flavor was close to non-existent when I got them and couple that with fried taste buds makes for a very sad situation. Sigh...guess I will have to wait it out. Hopefully my order will show up Tues.

#8 Marleen

Marleen

VT Member

• VT Member
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:Vaping! And...... internet, cats, camping

Posted 02 October 2010 - 04:54 PM

Well I am sitting down eating dinner and still can barely taste my food. But still I can taste at least something at this point. My toungue feels a little sensitive to the heat of the food so maybe I burned my tongue on the coffee this morning ?? ?? Maybe I don't know. I don't have a whole lot of flavors to cycle through right now. The ones I have are really not good. Flavor was close to non-existent when I got them and couple that with fried taste buds makes for a very sad situation. Sigh...guess I will have to wait it out. Hopefully my order will show up Tues.

Try the cinnabomb flavor from Vaporbomb.com It's pretty flavorful!

#9 eruelas

eruelas

VT Member

• VT Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:55 AM

When I do over vape I get the feeling you get when you eat too much fresh pineapple (do not know the correct term or definition, sorry), but I need to rest my PV's for a long time (2 or 3 hours at least, I know it's painful), it also helps if before going to bed I use mouthwash two or three times.

#10 joylynne

joylynne

VT Member

• VT Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:21 AM

Thanks for all the responses. This morning was a little better. Quite honestly the 3 liquids I have (red bull, watermelon & apple pie) are all really weak tasting to begin with. I had about 6-9 drops left of the hopscotch left. I put 3 drips in and still nada! :angry: Vaped on it till it went dry, added more, repeated and NADA! I can taste the other three but not this one! It's got a lot of vapor but it has absolutely no flavor at all. Smells awesome and delicious from the bottle, and directly from the atomizer. But when I vape it it has no flavor then a strange almost soapy like after taste. SERIOUSLY WHAT IS GOING ON? I am starting to wonder if it's the new atomizer ?? ?? Maybe it's not broken in yet ??

Right now I am down to one atomizer because in the midst of cleaning my kitchen yesterday my son decided to help by cleaning the counters and threw away the little box that I had it in. I refuse to dig through the garbage bag it "could" be in. :no

I went ahead and ordered two more atomizers just in case. I also have my eGo being shipped so I should have that next week along with my order from freedomsmokeusa. I could cry right now.