The Cloud Tekk Mod

So here's my little review / rundown of the amazing Cloud Tekk Mod sold at Clouds of Vapor. It was 114$ shipped and I was lucky enough to get one of the very last ones left.

First of all, I just want to start by saying that the Clouds Of Vapor website says that the longevity of the device is "3-5 days of vaping depending on use." This is HIGHLY inaccurate because I have just reached one week of HEAVY vaping on a single charge!! I've only had this mod for a week so far, I charged it overnight when I first got it, and a week later it's still going strong! I seriously have not been using any device other than the Tekk for the past week, and the LED just turned yellow only yesterday!! (I'll explain what that means in just a moment).

So the device itself is super sexy. It has a glossy black finish and sweet curves that make it fit perfectly in your hand. On the back there is an over-sized button which I really like. The one and only minor flaw about the device itself is that the glossy black finish is so glossy that it leaves fingerprints and smudges very easily. But it's not too much of a problem because they can be wiped away with a quick wipe of a cloth (I use my shirt every now and then lol).

Other than the INCREDIBLY long battery life (AT LEAST a week), the Tekk also offers a power out option via USB. This means you can charge virtually anything that charges via USB, including cell phones, ipods/mp3s, digital cameras, other PV's, passthroughs, and it even comes with 7 adapters for specific cell phones that don't normally have a USB charger. I have the LG voyager, and it came with an LG adapter so I can use my Tekk to charge my cellphone! This thing would also be great for couples who vape, because if one person has a Tekk Mod, the other person can use a passthrough or charge their PV batteries through the Tekk. The Tekk allows power to be flowing 3 ways at once: power in (charging), power out (charging an exterior device via USB), and power to the atty. So you can basically be vaping, charging your cell phone, and charging the Tekk all at the same time!!!!!!

Other than the button on the back, the Tekk has a master ON/OFF switch that flips up and down.

Okay, now about the amazing LED (this feature is what made me want this device in the first place):

The Tekk has a 3 different colored LED: Green, Yellow, and Red. Each color represents the battery life cut into thirds. So green means over 66%, Yellow means between 33% and 66%, and Red means below 33%. Now remember, I've been on a single charge for the past week, and the LED only changed to yellow yesterday! I got 5 full days of green, which means that even after I week, I still have approximately 50% of the battery life remaining. I still don't know just how long this thing will last me, because I'm still on the very first charge from when I got it! I have a feeling I will average out to about 12-14 days. And keep in mind that I am vaping HEAVILY on this thing, not lightly. Also, keep in mind that I have NOT used the Tekk to charge anything, so if you happen to charge your cell phone and then your ipod with it, the battery life will be significantly less.

Another thing I forgot to point out, the voltage of this device to the atty is 5.3 volts, not 5. The device is also regulated so even when there's only 10% battery remaining, the voltage will still be 5.3 volts. It's been a week on the same charge and this thing is still vaping like the day I started using it. I have not even seen the red LED on it yet lol. It also has a 510 fitting, but I use 801's on it with an adapter.

So to sum things up:

-Beautiful look and design, only a little smudgy / fingerprints when handling it. Not too big and not heavy at all, perfect size and shape.

- AT LEAST one (1) week of heavy vaping, assuming you don't use it to charge any other device.

- 5.3 Volts which, in my opinion, is the PERFECT sweet spot of voltage.

- A brilliant 3 colored LED which shows the different thirds of the battery remaining (so far green lasted 5, now its been yellow for 2 days)

- Comes with a carry pouch and 7 adapters for cell phones to charge with.

- The batteries do NOT come out, so you charge the whole thing together, which I really like. No more worrying about maintaining / losing batteries!

- A master on/off switch so no worries about firing in your pocket.

That's pretty much it! I am absolutely in LOVE with this device. There is no other PV on the market that's going to give you over a week of heavy vaping on a single charge. On top of that, I can use it to charge my cell phone in emergency situations. 5.3V is the perfect voltage for me, and with the LED's I know when it will be time to recharge (even though I haven't gotten to that point yet)

Bottom line: GET THIS DEVICE when it comes back in stock, especially if your the kind of person who hates charging batteries everyday!

Here's a little video of what the device looks like (I didn't make this video)

Edited by actor92191

The device houses 2 Samsung 18650 batteries, but there are no replacements for sale since the batteries are inside the device. BigBuyer over at Clouds of Vapor said that if there's any problems, I can send it back and have it fixed. Although I cannot imagine anything going wrong with this device! It's an amazing and powerful PV.

The device houses 2 Samsung 18650 batteries, but there are no replacements for sale since the batteries are inside the device. BigBuyer over at Clouds of Vapor said that if there's any problems, I can send it back and have it fixed. Although I cannot imagine anything going wrong with this device! It's an amazing and powerful PV.

Sorry - edited my post before you posted this. I saw the battery info at COV.

So you cannot replace the batteries at all? That seems odd to me.

Yeah you really wont need to replace the batteries because they are high quality, regulated and protected. If anything does happen go wrong, COV will fix the problem. Their customer service is top notch!!! This device blows all other devices out of the water!!

Hey, great review! Thanks for sharing with us.

I'm mighty interested in this. That would be fantastic for me to be able to go that long between charges in the wintertime. Do you know how long it takes to completely charge the batteries? I hope there are replacement batteries available for when the time comes to change them out.

Hey, great review! Thanks for sharing with us.

I'm mighty interested in this. That would be fantastic for me to be able to go that long between charges in the wintertime. Do you know how long it takes to completely charge the batteries? I hope there are replacement batteries available for when the time comes to change them out.

The charge takes about 8 hours. It's best to leave it charging overnight.

There are no replacement batteries, because the batteries cannot come out. However, these batteries are very expensive and good quality Samsung batteries, so there is no worry about them being replaced any time soon. However, I think Bruce from Clouds of Vapor said (I THINK, don't quote me on this) that after a year he would replace the batteries for free, but I'm not sure.

Think of it this way, when you buy a new cell phone or ipod, you're never really concerned about the battery going bad or needing to be replaced. That's the same with this device, the batteries are excellent quality.

Thanks for the info on the battery charging and such. I would only need two of these then. :) (and some kind of a replacement warranty). I'll let out a write to the supplier when it's closer to literal shopping time. Thanks for your answers, I appreciate the info!!

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines