Woman awarded $1.9M for exploding ecig

Jeffb

OMFG!  Actual pay-out was under $2M, and I'm sure her lawyer will get half or more... but still... (shakes head at our liberal court and sue-happy America) :(

The saddest part about this whole article is that the Chinese manufacturer is completely insulated from this lawsuit and will continue their daily routine of making inferior products; meanwhile the wholesaler, and retailer are punished for selling a product... not making it... which IMO is insanity!

Yes, I agree "some" product regulation/testing/inspection/certification should occur, but I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people on this planet will agree (and have full knowledge) that Chinese made products are highly suspect on quality, reliability, and longevity!!  When a toaster sets fire to a kitchen, it's probably one made in China and NOT UL-certified!!  Furthermore, it's the battery that popped... from a faulty charger or inferior battery-cell... DUH, you're dealing with batteries, and "we" all know battery safety and using high-end, quality batteries is paramount to success and safety!

Let me also guess... this lady had no idea the coffee she just bought was HOT, too?? :wallbash: