Problem with Maraxus Mod and Protank 3

My new Maraxus Mod clone came in today, and I was very excited to try it out with one of my Kanger Protank 3's (only tanks I have). Much to my chagrin, they don't immediately play very well with the Maraxus. See, the Maraxus has an odd center pin. It's not flat like most I've seen. It has this cylindrical protrusion that fits inside the Kanger's connection hole. The Maraxus's pin, with the 18650 battery in it, has no play whatsoever. This leads to the pin pushing the bottom piece of the dual coil up into the housing and either A: hindering its connection, or B: cutting off air flow which makes it not work.

I put a rubber ring around the pin and between it and the battery as a spacer, and it allows the pin to move enough to make a satisfactory connection. It works fine. However, it still pushes the bottom piece of the coil up into the housing somewhat. I'm looking at this as a sort of temporary fix. Without the spacer, and the pin being stationary with no play, would I be able to find a 510 to 510/ego adapter that wouldn't be hinder by the cylindrical nature of the pin?

I've seen a lot of 510-510/ego adapters online, but the bottom connection piece is usually only slightly visible in the pictures and seem to vary. Would just any ol' adapter suffice?

(Sorry if the picture is huge, it won't let me re-size it)

post-27976-0-78534300-1391145633_thumb.j

Buddy of mine had couple of the same issues. He put the adapter on and it worked fine

I also heard that the new pt on the bottom of coil have a different grommet. The new piece collapses and doesn't allow for airflow.

My buddy just cut small holes into each side and it works like a champ.

This is what I love about VT and the vaping community! Ingenuity to make things work!

I agree with you brother. You can always find an answer in VT Forum. Someone has always been there and done that.

I also love how it doesn't matter what your experience level is. The more experienced vapors pass on their knowledge to all the new vapors in easy to understand instructions.

I couldn't imagine what it was like back in the beginning and you had no help. Trial and error I guess.

I love how the veteran vapers here don't intentionally put you down when you ask questions! I was on the ECF for a day before I realized that was just a bunch of haters putting me down for seeking knowledge.

Just from the info I've received here at VT, my learning curve has shortened and am advancing at a faster but safer rate! Thanks for being here VT !!!

I noticed the same on ecf. I'm far from the knowledge most have here on vt but I can chime in on things I've had experience with and no one puts you down for doing it. I learned from my military days...yes a former jarhead that there is no such thing as a stupid or wrong question. If you don't know then ask.

3043 Supply Admin. Went to school at Camp Lejuene. I was only 20 and hated it there. LoL.

My first time away from home other than boot in MCRD San Diego and AIT up North in Oceanside/Pendleton.

After school went straight to DC and did parades for 3 1/2 years.

I really never got out much other than into town. Seemed like a bunch of bars and strip clubs. What else would you expect for a military town. LoL

But did seem like surrounding areas could be very nice. Couple buddies went to SC to a beach and had a blast.