Best setup I have ever had!

I found an idea online to use a stainless steel cable as a wick. It rocks the vapor like nothing I have ever experienced before. The flavor that comes from it is better than cotton or a mesh wick. I have it setup in my RSST with a 1/8 inch diameter cable with a 1.8 ohm micro coil that is 5/64 inner diameter and just a little bit of cotton on the top under the coil as an insulator. I cut it with cable cutters to get a nice clean edge and torched the hell out of it. I wanted to make sure they did not send me something with zinc coating on it.

I have found thru trial and error that I no longer have to tip the tank to re-wet the wick at all. If I do that I am getting gurgling and it leaks from the air hole. I have to keep it below a 4 o'clock position or it will leak. This by far is the most flavorful vape I have ever had. I am only pushing it with 3.6v thru my evic and it is amazing.

I thought I would share this with everyone out there and see what others think.

Can you please post a pic of the cable you are using for this? There are many kinds of cable out there and pick would help. I'm assuming it is like the braided stuff you would find in coax...?

Edited by Compenstine

I'm really curious about this. I found this in a google search for "1/16 7x7 stainless steal cable"

ar1032.gif

I'm wondering if the 6x26 would wick even better than the 7x7... Seems this stuff is used as fishing guide line, also for farming and aircraft applications. That may make it easyer to find localy.

Edited by Compenstine

I use a cable on my RSST as well, it's built around a .8 ohm micro coil

But every so often I get dry hits, this might be because I chain vape, but I find myself having to tilt my mod to re wet the wick

Also if I'm using very high VG juice I have to be mindful that the wick is always wet because since the juice is so thick its harder to rise up through the tank as well as dries the wick faster while vaping

I use a cable on my RSST as well, it's built around a .8 ohm micro coil

But every so often I get dry hits, this might be because I chain vape, but I find myself having to tilt my mod to re wet the wick

Also if I'm using very high VG juice I have to be mindful that the wick is always wet because since the juice is so thick its harder to rise up through the tank as well as dries the wick faster while vaping

Hummm... did that happen with a mesh wick as well?

The only thing that you need to watch out for in ss cable is to ensure that you are indeed getting Pure stainless steel cable. Not the stuff with the galvanized core down the middle. 7x7 or 7x19 seems to the best bang for your buck wicking wise. I use a 7x7 cable in my Rsst with an ekowool hat. Note the glass tank :D Rocking 1.1Ω with my Provari at 4.1 Volts.

null_zpsb41c6c33.jpg

null_zps5e36bce3.jpg

The only thing that you need to watch out for in ss cable is to ensure that you are indeed getting Pure stainless steel cable. Not the stuff with the galvanized core down the middle. 7x7 or 7x19 seems to the best bang for your buck wicking wise. I use a 7x7 cable in my Rsst with an ekowool hat. Note the glass tank :D Rocking 1.1Ω with my Provari at 4.1 Volts.

where did you get the glass tank?!

maybe because the cable is coming apart at one end is causing poor wicking. i'll just have go get a cable myself and rebuild to see whats happening