Vamo v2 questions....

Just picked this mod up and I couldn't be anymore impressed about a device!

It comes with no instructions and operating info is sketchy on the web.

I have a few questions that I'm not 100% sure on.

1. When using the vv and vw settings is it correct thinking that it only does one or the other at any time, but not both at the same time?

I.e.- if I set the watts to say 7w, the voltage should self adjust and ignores any setting voltage wise I used?

2. I've yet to run over 7watts, but I do wonder if I should be using IMR cells?

I have some nice protected 2600mah Lio cells which work great so far, or is that a mistake and I should use my 1400mah unprotected IMR cells?

I'm using 18650 cells, but I also have 18350 IMR cells also.

1. When using the vv and vw settings is it correct thinking that it only does one or the other at any time, but not both at the same time?

I.e.- if I set the watts to say 7w, the voltage should self adjust and ignores any setting voltage wise I used?

That's correct; it's one or the other. Personally, I prefer the variable power mode to the variable voltage mode as there's less math involved. Also, your Vamo will automatically make voltage adjustments as the atty/carto/tank's resistance level changes over time with use.

2. I've yet to run over 7watts, but I do wonder if I should be using IMR cells?

The Vamo has its own built-in protection circuitry, so there's no need to use circuitry-protected batteries unless you want backup protection. As far as performance goes, I can tell no difference at all between using circuitry-protected batteries and using IMR batteries.

Edited by Rixter

Thanks for the clarifications!

So far I'm finding the wattage/power settings a bit easier to find my tanks sweet spots.

Its great since I have and use several various ohm coils on 5 different tanks.

Voltage settings were a bit tricky with the Protank and 1.8ohm coils I had previously installed.

Its just luck my non IMR cells that are 2600mah are protected and were stolen from my old flashlight collection.

I was told at the lvs that the non imr cells work fine unless I'm pushing 10+ watts constantly.

Luckily when I bought my cells I didn't cheap out on them and they saved me a ton of cash not buying new ones.