Pg Vs. Vg Supliers?

Kmel

How does one find out whether a supplier's juice is PG or VG based? I've now tried a liquid the PG base and would like to try one with a VG base, but none of the supplier's websites that I have seen say which base formula they use.

I must admit that the only thing that I have found frustrating about being a newbie vaper, is that while the boards will discuss "PG vs VG", supplier's ads aren't clear about things. You have to contact a supplier to "ask", which is annoying as you have to wait for them to respond before you can do anything. And it isn't just the juice this happens with, it's accessories, too. If something works with a Janty Dura and 510 -- why wouldn't an ad just say "compatible with the Janty Dura and 510"? Why does someone assume that a buyer will know that? Or even be willing to ask if they don't know & then wait for a response?

It gets kind of frustrating at times. It's like being initiated into "a club", instead of just being a buyer who wants to purchase something.

Please forgive my venting.

Venting is good! (As long as it's constructive) First let's start with the PG/VG deal.

99% of all suppliers use PG in their juice. It's just the way it is. The rule of thumb is if they don't state it's anything other than PG, it's PG. If it's none PG the supplier will always state so on the product page. The only person I know of that sells none PG is Johnson's Creek Smoke Juice.

When a member talks about using none PG they are often using Glycerin, which suppliers to do not pre create. You have to purchase it online from various suppliers and split it yourself. This is something the much more advanced members will do. When ecig juice was created the only thing they used was PG. (In fact it's still the only thing they use) Some members found they couldn't use PG due to allergic reactions. So they started finding other things they could use, hence Glycerin. When you read posts on this forum and others and someone mentions VG or Glycerin it's because they "assume" everyone knows about it and unlike Admins and Staff they forget some people are new to the board.

Now as for the accessories I suppose you would have to be more specific. But if your talking about atomizers etc the reason they won't state on their site if it will work with the Janty Dura vs the 510 from example is because of copyright and trademark issues. Sometimes they can't legally state it works on various products, just the way they can't sell the 510 as the Dura even though we all know it's basically the same thing. Dura is a product of the Janty Corp.

Hope that helps :)

Now as for the accessories I suppose you would have to be more specific. But if your talking about atomizers etc the reason they won't state on their site if it will work with the Janty Dura vs the 510 from example is because of copyright and trademark issues. Sometimes they can't legally state it works on various products, just the way they can't sell the 510 as the Dura even though we all know it's basically the same thing. Dura is a product of the Janty Corp.

does this mean i pretty much have to do trial and error with various vendors to buy supplies and see if they work with my model?

No not at all. Usually (if the supplier has a good store) he/she will list the accessory item under the same category as the model cig your looking at. If not they will normally state what model it works with AND IF THAT doesn't work, post a link here on the forums and we'll help you out :) That's what we're here for

How does one find out whether a supplier's juice is PG or VG based? I've now tried a liquid the PG base and would like to try one with a VG base, but none of the supplier's websites that I have seen say which base formula they use.

Found VG in several flavors at eliquidplanet and thought they were very good.