Ego Vs 510 Actual Use

HyOnLyph

Perhaps one of the more experienced folks can answer this.

I recently picked up an eGo.

I've always had trouble tasting most of the juices I've tried. I vape zero nic juice.

I've wondered "what's the big deal" about Atomic Cinnamide? What's all the fuss about TV Fried Apple. very little flavor.

I've used a 510 manual... usually direct drip.

So now I try the eGo. Same atomizer... (I didn't want to break in a new atty) I thought the eGo was the exact same voltage as the 510. Holy smokes the flavor is through the roof. Especially with Menthol, Cinnamon and "sour" flavors like fried apple.

Sweeter flavors... not so much yet.

So is the eGo a higher volt battery?

Is it possible that the cone actually allows for less heat loss and a hotter vapor?

Perhaps one of the more experienced folks can answer this.

I recently picked up an eGo.

I've always had trouble tasting most of the juices I've tried. I vape zero nic juice.

I've wondered "what's the big deal" about Atomic Cinnamide? What's all the fuss about TV Fried Apple. very little flavor.

I've used a 510 manual... usually direct drip.

So now I try the eGo. Same atomizer... (I didn't want to break in a new atty) I thought the eGo was the exact same voltage as the 510. Holy smokes the flavor is through the roof. Especially with Menthol, Cinnamon and "sour" flavors like fried apple.

Sweeter flavors... not so much yet.

So is the eGo a higher volt battery?

Nope, genuine joye 510 batteries and Joye ego batteries both oscillate between 3.2 & 3.7 volts. As for why the ego vapes so much better and with more flavor is related to the way heating coils react with the batteries. Voltage is not the only factor in production of heat, and differences in heat does affect the flavors. I will keep it as non-technical as i can to try and help you understand. The difference is the battery's capacity. The ego is either the original model which has 650mAh capacity or the newer, longer model which has 900mAh capacity. Either one has several times the capacity of the tiny cell in a regular 510 model. The mAh number is a measure of the amount of energy stored in the battery available for use (basically). Larger batteries can meet the demand of the coil for current faster and with more duration than a small battery can (in a nutshell). This can drastically affect the way the coil heats up and produces vapor. The battery also drains slower due to the larger capacity so produces the desired voltage for more "hits" than the small one will.

Is it possible that the cone actually allows for less heat loss and a hotter vapor?

I personally used an ego for some time and found the cone really only affected the hardness of the draw. I don't think i really ever used the cone much....

When I first started vaping I could not taste most liquids .Then after a while my taste buds and sense of smell came back and now I can taste liquids I could not taste at first.I suppose that is why cinnamoon,clove and menthol flavors are so popular as they do have a stronger flavor.I am not sure why you would have had such a dramatic difference on those two batteries.If they are both fully charged technicly you should not be able to tell much difference.The ego will stay stronger longer due to higher capacity battery.

When I first started vaping I could not taste most liquids .Then after a while my taste buds and sense of smell came back and now I can taste liquids I could not taste at first.I suppose that is why cinnamoon,clove and menthol flavors are so popular as they do have a stronger flavor.I am not sure why you would have had such a dramatic difference on those two batteries.If they are both fully charged technicly you should not be able to tell much difference.The ego will stay stronger longer due to higher capacity battery.

that's what is a little confusing to me. I'm a zero nic vaper because I've never smoked cigarettes. I just enjoy a vape once in a while. ( And the ladies in our women's home like to try new flavors at zero nic b.c. they all vape different levels.) I make sure to avoid any nicotine.. I don't need to start an addiction. So, my taste buds shouldn't be impaired. But I can sure notice a difference between the 510 and the eGo.

If it works for you go with it.My taste and smell were messed up from years of smoking,after a while of vaping and no smoking I could smell and taste things I could not before.One was how bad a smoker smells ,I always knew I smelled like smoke but had no idea how bad it smells.Some of the less expensive import liquids have less flavor than others.I found some really tasty liquids but the cost per ml was higher than my budget allows so I just get those for a treat once in a while.That is all part of vaping trying out all the different e-liquids to find the ones you like the best.

Edited by mcquinn