A Few Joye Ego Noob Questions

mrtroy

I just picked up a joye eGo and am excited to get vaping. I am totally new to the world of vaping and have a few questions. Sorry if is sound totally clueless!

1. Do I need to prep anything - clean atomizers, etc.?

2. How do I know when the batteries are charged - does the usb light turn green or the light on the charger that plugs into the wall turn green?

3. i bought a USB passthrough as well - how do I know when it is charged. It lit up at first but now isnt lit up at all. does this mean it is charged?

4. do you just press the button on the battery to vape or do you have to hold it down?

thanks!

I just picked up a joye eGo and am excited to get vaping. I am totally new to the world of vaping and have a few questions. Sorry if is sound totally clueless!

1. Do I need to prep anything - clean atomizers, etc.?  I would blow the atty out. Blow on the threaded end of the atomizer to get rid of the nasty factory juice in the atty.

2. How do I know when the batteries are charged - does the usb light turn green or the light on the charger that plugs into the wall turn green? Yes the eGo charger light will turn green when its done charging

3. i bought a USB passthrough as well - how do I know when it is charged. It lit up at first but now isnt lit up at all. does this mean it is charged? Sorry I cant answer this one I don't have a USB EGo :(

4. do you just press the button on the battery to vape or do you have to hold it down?  You will need to hold the button down while you are inhaling.

thanks! No problem :)

This about atomizers:

There really isn't much you need to do when you receive your kit. I would test both atomizers by attaching them to the battery, snug but not tight, and just push the button for a second. You should hear the atty fire up. If you don't hear anything, try it once more. If it is DOA (dead on arrival) then contact the store and they'll take care of that for you. I, personally, prefer to de-wick my atomizers before doing anything else to them. After that you simply blow through onto a paper towel to get the primer out. It's simply unflavored e-liquid but for some reason tastes funky. You'll then want to prime the atomizer with about 3 drops of liquid (I don't see that you purchased any) and vape!

I'm not sure if the carts and cartos coming with your order are pre-filled or not, but even if they are you're going to find out very quickly that they will not last you very long. I encourage you to purchase some liquid as soon as possible so that hopefully it will arrive at about the same time as your eGo.

Tutorial for wick removal. I believe his tutorial for removing the bridge follows this one; I do not advise this.

When charging your standard eGo batteries the LED on the battery itself will flash several times and then stop. The LED on the charger should turn to red while charging and then green when fully charged. Mine will stay green even after I've removed the battery.

With regard to the usb eGo passthrough, yes when the red light goes out it is fully charged. When it's charging it will turn red again. You'll notice that when you vape it while it's plugged in the light will turn red again; it is constantly recharging the battery as you discharge it.

To vape you must press the button throughout the duration of the draw.

Great questions!

edit: dangit .. my son came and distracted me once again and I got beat! lol

Edited by noXious

you guys are fast! thanks for the quick and clear answers.

i am sure i will have more questions soon but i am now vaping and really enjoying it.

i'm pleasantly surprised it is this good! i will begin proselytizing all my smoking friends immediately!

Welcome to VaporTalk, MrTroy! Congrats on selecting a great pv, it's a fantastic little device.

The USB eGo lets you vape whilt it's charging, plus you can unplug it and vape as well.

Like Jeffb said, with any new atomizer you'll want to blow out the primer fluid, then reprime it with 3-4 drops of good eLiquid. (never let the atty go dry while vaping).

Any time you're not using the eGo, be sure to unscrew the atty or carto to assure it doesn't somehow go on and burn your atty dry. When you take the atty off for the night, blow out the excess eLiquid, set a tissue inside it, and let it drip dry over night. The next morning reprime with a few drops of your eLiquid and you're good to go.

We don't have to drip dry the cartomizers, just the atomizers.

Also, take a tissue or qtip and gently swab out the battery connector where the atty screws on. (snug, but never tight)

Happy Vaping!

Edited by Uma