Kensington Portable Power Pack

Uma

I finally bought a Kensington Portable Power Pack for my eCigs. It says I can vape at 3.7v and a 5v.. perfect! Now I am powered even more. (I'm a camper). I thought, with winter coming on strong, others might want a heads up reminder on these gadgets.

Check out the Comments section at the bottom of the page! Imagine running into other Vaporers while shopping outside a vaping store! Blew me away. :)http://www.amazon.com/Kensington-Portable-Mobile-Devices-K38021US/dp/B000UZIYS0

Ah true. But I was under the impression that the tekkeon was only a charger. Whereas "It says I can vape at 3.7v and a 5v." leads me to believe that this can be used in conjuction with a PT???

Imagine running into other Vaporers while shopping outside a vaping store!

Apparently being social + vaping is frowned upon by some :(

Edited by noXious

they are both for charging portable devices, but if you use a 5v pt or 3.7v pt you can use any device that has usb with a power out source.

for the money the tekkeon is much better due to double the battery life, look, and has a flash light.

Ah true. But I was under the impression that the tekkeon was only a charger. Whereas "It says I can vape at 3.7v and a 5v." leads me to believe that this can be used in conjuction with a PT???

Apparently being social + vaping is frowned upon by some :(

I meant: Imagine my surprise to find myself in the company of other vapors while shopping for a power pack online. It was way cool.

they are both for charging portable devices, but if you use a 5v pt or 3.7v pt you can use any device that has usb with a power out source.

for the money the tekkeon is much better due to double the battery life, look, and has a flash light.

:wallbash: I can't believe I totally forgot about the Tekkeon at Amazon. I was just looking at it a few weeks back. Thanks for the re-Heads up! I'll pick one up next time for sure. Hopefully this little one will do the trick like they implied. (it was on sale). Thanks for the info Jolly!

Love the comments. How big is the battery. I'm loving my XPAL XP8000s, two for $80 from woot.com.

http://www.amazon.com/Energizer-XP8000-Rechargeable-Power-Netbooks/dp/B0029U2WZU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1288843716&sr=1-1

Charges anything, even my verizon razr which requires a proprietary setup or driver on the comp and yeah, that's right, I text old school, you can keep your kiddy keyboards. Got a couple of tips for my laptop and my netbook.

My kid has to keep one in his locker at school. No more "my phone wasn't charged" when I ask why didn't he call, return a call, return a text. Well at least less of them. Want it back and I had other smaller units but they used a wall adapter to charge and that's long gone so radio shack has a visit coming in the future. Guess I can get my solar ones out in the sun to charge up and swap with him. They'll charge his phone half way. These are the ones sitting around collecting dust...

http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-SolBAT-Powered-Battery-Charger/dp/B0036ORMS0/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1288869286&sr=1-4

I really wish I could find one that charges via USB as well as outputs. How does the kensington charge?

The Kensington charges either way. As I type, it's plugged into the wall. (haha, thanks for asking how it charges or I would have forgotten to charge it yet again). It has a series of tiny blue lights that narrate the charging.

haha, good idea for kid's cell phone! I'll keep that in mind.

I almost purchased a solar one last year, but was a bit leary only because I don't understand them enough and wasn't sure if it have sufficient power. Good ones to keep in mind though and to ask others who've used them. Would be handy just to have in the car when everyone and their brother needs to charge via the lighter at the same time. Thanks for posting!

Don't feel alone there DarthVaper! From my understanding, either of these is great. I have the one from GoodProphets and it's a nice thin device, fits nicely inside the pocket or eGo zipper case. The Tekkeon is larger in size and stuff. They're both great for different reasons, and I'm going to purchase the Tekk one before too long. (can never have enough backups, including the charging equip!)

I used an APC UPB10 usb power pack for 3 months with a 5v pt as my main device. It was a little silly having a wire coming out of my pocket but it worked well. It is 1600mah has a led charge meter and size of a cell phone. Only $10 when I bought it. And of course can charge devices and batteries as well. Could be the best $10 I have spent. Looks like on ebay they are $25 after shipping now :(

http://www.navigation-professionell.de/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/apc.JPG

Edited by haft2doit