My Juice Stinks!

After 21 months of vaping in my cubicle at work, in the last 2 months I have received numerous complaints that the juice smells up the area. I did make a purchase from another vendor and just wondering if his supplier is using something different in the juice. I do know there are various manufacturers of juice and perhaps one is more smelly than another.

Anyone else notice that their juice is smelly? Please advise as to which juices do NOT have a residual odor and I will gladly spend my money there. I like vaping in the office too much to start going outside.

any and all advice is welcome.

Hi, Your co-workers seem to have an exceptional sense of smell! :) I have to say that I sit right next to people in a lot of different places all the time, and no one has ever said anything to me, like what's that smell?!? What e-liquid are you using? I guess you could order some flavorless e-liquid.

nope it is not my co-workers, i too have noticed if i am vaping in one place then leave the room and return I too can smell it. It is definately my new vendor. Like i said for 21 months no complaints until 2 months ago. seems it is all flavors, from tobacco to blueberry - they all leave a musty odor.

Musty? Odd you don't taste any of that. Do you recall another supplier you used to like purchasing from?

Actually i do taste it a little. I think it is the base that the flavor is in, as my peeps here have said my flavors all smell the same to them. In the past i had to exhale on someone for them to get a scent. Clearly I will have to go back to another supplier. I do know there are a couple of major manufacturers and one is DaKang and I don't recall the other. Some of the administrators here at VaporTalk are into all that so i am just waiting for them to chime in with their wealth of knowledge.

I get all of my e-liquids from vaperite.com. Todd mixes all his own liquids and has a line of organically flavored and a line of naturally favored e-liquids. They always taste exactly like what they are supposed to taste like and have no odor. I have bought others in the past that have had a chemical after taste and a smell, which is why i only buy from Todd now.

I have had comments both good and bad from bystanders.RY4 is nice smelling to most some of the tobacco flavors are not so nice for bystanders apparently.I use Dekang for the most part.

I have used WU, VT, and Hot Vapes and no body can smell it, I mean if they walk in office. My Mom said the White Zin and Midnight smelled sweet but then it was gone. She has the nose of a bloodhound. Yes I did vape in front of my mom, I'm 50 years old and have never smoked around the parents! Even my sister who is hyper alert about smoke didn't mind me showing the parents IN HER HOUSE! That people is a cardinal sin but she's been around me vaping and rather likes the aroma. I'd be leery of the musty smell, sounds spoiled?

Do you happen to be using vaporrenew juice?

I have noticed a lingering but not unpleasant

odor in my office where I spend most of my

time.If I go out for a few then come back

it's there but faint.

Only started noticing this with the new vaporrenu stuff hmmm:detective:

I have to go with supplier....

I still use mostly liberty-flights(dekang), wordup and the vt store and haven't had a problem. my daughter is really sensitive to odors and she says she occasionally smells a bit sweet or some of the coffee flavors, but its not an unpleasant smell....

some of the flavors do smell a bit stronger, but I have never noticed musty.

I get all of my e-liquids from vaperite.com. Todd mixes all his own liquids and has a line of organically flavored and a line of naturally favored e-liquids. They always taste exactly like what they are supposed to taste like and have no odor. I have bought others in the past that have had a chemical after taste and a smell, which is why i only buy from Todd now.

Another vote for Vaperite!! Todd's juices are fantastic--and you can get his Organics. I posted in the E-Liquid Reviews and Supplier Reviews just recently, if you'd like to look. Todd's customer service is outstanding!! I have another 30ML of Organic English Toffee and Organic Kona Cream coming today. :animier: If you ask, he can do 50/50 PG/VG (his Organics originally come with 100% VG, but just put in the note section near the end of your ordering section if you prefer PG in it). Honestly, you can't go wrong with his juices.

He's now my go-to guy for juice, esp. after a bad experience with another vendor with horrid chemical taste in their juice...hmmm....same supplier? Feel free to message me; maybe we got it from the same place.

Wanted to add, I have a 10 yr old son with high-functioning Autism who is very sensitive to smells. He has no complaints at all, and if he does smell it, he tells me he really likes it. Again, this is from Vaperite. Oh, his web site is http://www.vaperite.com Great selection of hardware, too.

thanks all, lots of good answers here, but I am thinking that what I got was DeKang. Perhaps it is the flavors I was using and not the base, maybe I should stay away from the tobaccco-type flavors as that could be the culprit. Hmmm, the blueberry also got comments but that was only cuz they were looking for the smell. I will use the smelly stuff at home where my honey doesn't care but I really don't want to ruin a good thing at the office. I do remember when I first got my pv and bottled juices and was vaping in my fav watering hole and the comments were "wow it doesn't smell like anything, maybe a little sweet", sooooo that being said I bess juz go back to 1st supplier, alathough organic sounds interesting. Just what does organic juice mean?? Home grown Propylene Glycol with no pesticides??:mellow:

Thanks again for all your feedback, I love VaporTalk -- just plain folk with no BS answers!!

alathough organic sounds interesting. Just what does organic juice mean?? Home grown Propylene Glycol with no pesticides??:mellow:

Thanks again for all your feedback, I love VaporTalk -- just plain folk with no BS answers!!

Todd uses organic flavorings and vegetable glycerin (no propylene glycol unless you ask for it) in his organic e-liquids.