Riva After One Month

I received my 510 Riva on 9/29, and have used it daily (all day) every day since. I was thrilled when I initially tried it, and I am still absolutely loving this pretty little thing after a month of constant use.

I switched to the LR atty that came with the unit pretty soon after I got it, simply because I had never tried one. I am still using the same LR atty, still getting beautiful plumes of vapor and excellent throat hit and flavor. No icky burning taste or anything like that. I do find that I have to refill/re-drip very often when using the LR atty, which is a fair trade-off for me for the slightly warmer vape. Besides, I constantly fiddle with any e-cig, so it very well may be that I mess with it more than is actually necessary.

The only issue I have found is that liquid seems to condense on the outside of the atomizer/cart under the cone. It doesn't drip down the mouthpiece and into my mouth, and really doesn't cause any problem except that I am constantly removing the cone and wiping it in an OCD fashion. (Remember, I tend to fiddle.) In hopes of stopping this, I changed to an old-school mouthpiece that fits very tightly. I thought the liquid might be leaking from the seam where the atty and the mouthpiece meet. But it was still happening. I found that if I vape without the cone, this does not happen at all. My guess is that the cone covering the area allows for condensation. So while the cone does contribute to the unit's sleek look, I prefer to set it aside to avoid condensation on the outside of my atty/cart area and my obsessive need to wipe it clean.

A battery is still lasting pretty much all day-- I have yet to see a decrease in vape-time per charge. Because of the way my schedule works, I always end up charging a totally discharged battery at night while I sleep, so I have not been able to see exactly how long it takes to fully charge. I'd like to time it, though, at least roughly, at some point, just to know. I do believe it takes more than 2 hours, but I'm not sure enough to pin it down to 3 or 4 at this point. Really this is a good thing-- it means that I haven't ever been too worried that one battery would conk out before the other was ready. It's been a worry-free little unit, actually.

I am so impressed that when I saw a really good deal, I bought another for me (pink this time!) and one for MrJaaxx. I recommended one to my cousin who is interested in switching to vaping, and I feel confident about the recommendation.

Riva is basically an ego/tornado, right? Yeah, I like the look with the cone, too but have the same problem. I thought it was because the cone holds in the heat which makes the liquid thin out ..

Do they come in red?

Riva is basically an ego/tornado, right? Yeah, I like the look with the cone, too but have the same problem. I thought it was because the cone holds in the heat which makes the liquid thin out ..

Do they come in red?

I don't think so. To the best of my knowledge, they come in black, pink, titanium (which is sparkly gold, I didn't know that prior to getting one), and stainless steel, and white.

Glad you're still liking your Riva!

I discovered, quite by accident, the secret to avoiding sticky fingers. Lanyard. :)

Lanyard? Do tell!

Do they come in red?

Totally Wicked sells the Tornado/eGo/Riva in red:

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/products/tornado-e-ni-accessories/regular-products.html

I linked the 650MAH version but they are available as 1000Mah as well.

Lanyard? Do tell!

Made by Leaford, I believe. Hangs around your neck and holds your PV.

Are they big enough to hold egos?

Totally Wicked sells the Tornado/eGo/Riva in red:

http://www.totallywi...r-products.html

I linked the 650MAH version but they are available as 1000Mah as well.

Thanks .. was hoping to find them a lil less expensive elsewhere. I want to purchase for xmas for a friend but since she has yet to commit to vaping full-time I'm unsure if I want to splurge on a full kit.

Edited by noXious