Frustration Finding A Juice That Works - Pg Vs Vg

buttercup

OK, so first my husband and I tried PG. It was so harsh and the throat burn almost too much to handle, so I ordered some VG from wordup. I have been mixing it 50/50 with the PG we already had (trying not to waste $) and my husband finds that to be a nice smooth vape that he really enjoys. I enjoy it too, but.... Ever since I started using the VG I have this constant feeling in my chest like I need to burp and I am constantly burping!!! Ugh, I am almost ready to quit trying and just smoke. ANy thoughts? thanks in advance

OK, so first my husband and I tried PG. It was so harsh and the throat burn almost too much to handle, so I ordered some VG from wordup. I have been mixing it 50/50 with the PG we already had (trying not to waste $) and my husband finds that to be a nice smooth vape that he really enjoys. I enjoy it too, but.... Ever since I started using the VG I have this constant feeling in my chest like I need to burp and I am constantly burping!!! Ugh, I am almost ready to quit trying and just smoke. ANy thoughts? thanks in advance

That does seem strange... and uncomfortable. I've never experienced that and have not read of anyone (on this forum anyway, but this one is the only ecig forum I frequent) having such an issue. Could you try to drink some soda, something with lots of carbonation like Vernors and then actually burp to see if it goes away?

Maybe you could also try PG at 75% and VG at 25%?

Or maybe the nicotine level is too high? What is the mg strength? For some people (and this I have read here), too high of nicotine can cause a heartburn like reaction.

Don't give up! You will find a solution!

Please don't give up!! I truly believe you'll find your "sweet spot" and be so thankful that you did. There is a learning curve to this thing we all call vaping. If you'll just give yourself some time to figure it all out, it will be well worth it. Really. Finding the perfect unit, the perfect liquid, the perfect atty, etc., is just something we all go through. Even the PG vs VG thing.

Just to add to what AimeeG suggested...are you drinking enough liquids while you vape? That's a big one. It helps with the dry throat thing and my help with your problem, too.

Just take a deep breath. Let it out slowly. And don't reach for an analog! I'm sure you'll be getting plenty more suggestions soon. Try everything. Don't give up! We'll help in any way we can.

Buttercup, I actually got heartburn/burps from 100% VG. I don't think it was nic level as I'm only using 11/12mg and in some cases only 6mg (depending on the seller). I just got 50/50 pg/vg juices today and have been doing them all day and NO HEARTBURN!!

Yeah, I have been researching for 3 days now trying to figure this out and I too thought it might be the way I was vaping, but I have watched that very closely and just today realized that I only started having this problem when I started using the VG. Feels like I just down a whole can of soda in one gulp!! LOL

Buttercup, I actually got heartburn/burps from 100% VG. I don't think it was nic level as I'm only using 11/12mg and in some cases only 6mg (depending on the seller). I just got 50/50 pg/vg juices today and have been doing them all day and NO HEARTBURN!!

Oh yay! This makes me feel better that someone else has felt this :) I will try to go down on the VG and see what happens. thank you

Oh and I also found that instead of drinking just regular water while I vape, I drink club soda (with a little lime cuz I'm high maintenance like that :thumbup:) and that totally helps the dry throat and the "urpy" feeling too.

OOPS! I just figured out something....the new sample juices I got today were 80/20 (pg/vg), not 50/50. I haven't tried the 50/50 juices that also came today. So it's the 80/20 that I am getting the no heartburn from.