Stockpiling And Shelf Life

Schlitz

Not that I'm thinking about setting up a cellar full of vape supplies, but...

All this reading about the FDA and seizures of shipments has me a little nervous. I'm new to vaping, and it's working awesome, but what happens if they pull the plug tomorrow?

I know most folks say that you can have your juice stored in a cool dark place for up to two years, but is the shelf life of straight nicotine longer?

I'm curious what other folks are doing. I'm personally stocking up as much as I can, hardware and consumables. I'd like to know that I have enough supplies on hand to effectively ween myself if need be.

Every time this comes up I have visions of people in a cabin in the woods of Washington state with a tarp over cases of e-liquid and atties.Or remember the oil tanker in Waterworld?With the Smokers on it?Maybe someone could pick up an old tanker and fill it up with Dulcis and we could set sail.I would say two years is about it.But you have to be careful some liquids have been in someones inventory for almost that long.Look for a supplier like VaporTalk that sells a lot and also look for suppliers that have date codes printed on the bottles.

Every time this comes up I have visions of people in a cabin in the woods of Washington state with a tarp over cases of e-liquid and atties.Or remember the oil tanker in Waterworld?With the Smokers on it?Maybe someone could pick up an old tanker and fill it up with Dulcis and we could set sail.I would say two years is about it.But you have to be careful some liquids have been in someones inventory for almost that long.Look for a supplier like VaporTalk that sells a lot and also look for suppliers that have date codes printed on the bottles.

Hey, I'm in Washington state, so where the heck is this cabin located.....LOL

Yeah; I have been trying to stock up...scared I will run out of attys and if I should get more cartos than attys, more attys than batteries, how long will a pass through last....argh!!!! Too much! I'm frantic..tic...tic...tic...tock (sorry, Metallica reference)I do not like being scared. I get dangerous when I am scared.

Great idea about "born on dates" for liquid...more suppliers should do this!

:devil:

i'm no chemist, but i play one on tinychat.

everything pretty much has an expiration that you put into your body.

"personally" i don't believe in pg/vg expiration dates, and here is why.

i used to get kidney stones like crazy, so i took vicodin or something similar.

well at one point i was out of them and at this point i wouldn't even go to the hospital, just pop a pill and wait it out.

so i had none left but my mother had ones that were over 8 years expired!, popped one and it was like a fresh script.

i'm sure there is a "in case of" reason, but again "personally" i don't even look at my own personal stash for, when will this expire.

my first juice i ever made was close to the start of 2010.

it has sat out in the sun, more than i have.

it taste like the day i made it.

I think they're both important. Cartos get nasty tasting... Attys sometimes don't perform correctly... theyn both burn out with age. I use at least 1 Mega carto a day while busy or when atty is wonkers, and I use ATTY's to DD with when home. (I prefer the Mega Atty with mega drip tip). When I use the 510 cartos (they have better flavor and sizzle and pop than the Mega), I go through a good 5 or more a day when busy. I'm stocking up on all of the above... and am tempted to try the new revised ceramic #4 ones now too. Just what i need, another one to add to the shopping cart.

VaporTalk store has silver threaded, soft top, 510 cartos at a decent price especially if you buy a carton.

Meanwhile, while I'm stocking up with this and that, the new and improved and oh so fantastic is on the drawing board. But, if the fda comes to their senses and let us vape in peace, I'll eventually have lots of goodies to pay it forward. (and keep a month or two in stockup in case of work related crisis).