Noobie In Need Of Help

JamesC

Ok I've finally decided I want to kick the habit and looking to get a e-cig. Through lots of reading I've decided that the ego is probably what I want. Is there a difference between the joye ego and the janty ego? The Canadian supplier I was looking at was called the happy ego. All the same?

One thing I'm really confused about is what I need. Maybe someone can help me out with what assesories I need to go with the starter kit. Liquid and if there is anything needed to go with the liquid. lr atomizer? Mega battery? Drip tips? xl atomizer? etc etc

Thanks

I do not know anything about the differences in the ego but I would suggest you get liquid and I would also suggest you look into cartomizers rather than atty's and all the other stuff.

Welcome to vaportalk. I am sure someone with more knowledge will be around shortly to answer your questions much better than I

Hi, welcome to the Vapor Talk Forum!

The Janty/Joye eGo are one in the same. Joye is the manufacturer of the Janty technology. I would be suspect of your supplier labeling an eGo a "happy eGo". It could well be a knock off of some sort. I recommend that you order from a supplier that sells the Joye eGo. You can go right to the Janty website and order as well.

The only other item as owutaqt has mentioned is e-liquid. Your starter kit will most likely come with 5 pre-filled cartridges, but you will want to refill them as you go along. Many manufacturers make claims that a cartridge equates to a certain number of analogs. This is usually untrue info. As you go along you will want to purchase extra atomizers, perhaps cartomizers, and extra batteries. You may gain a lot of insight by viewing the videos in the "How Do I" section of the forum.

Gluck and don't hesitate to ask questions!

There is only one small difference between the Janty and Joye Ego and that happens to be that Janty puts their logo on it. The Tornado from Totally Wicked is also the very same product with a branding name change. I don't know about the supplier you found that has it listed as the Happy Ego. It is best to ask the supplier if it is manufactured by Joye.

To get started I would buy the Kit, a couple extra atomizers and a few bottles of liquid. A drip tip would be nice, because I am going to suggest that you direct drip. The vapor production and flavor will be much better than using the cartridges. I am also suggesting that you buy a package of cartomizers. These are quite simple to use and work well when you are in situations that dripping could be a problem. Like driving a car. I would put off buying the LR atomizers until you have given vaping a go. I would make that your second purchase.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

And in you second purchase I would recommend you also purchase these: LR CARTOS

These work great with the eGo! They also allow you to vape for longer periods of time between refilling. I use cartos exclusively now because of how easy they are and how good they taste. Should eventually give them a try.

Ok I messaged the happervapor people about the happy ego and within a minute they replied to me saying it is manufactured by joye. Crazy customer service lol. So this is what I'm going with http://www.happyvaper.com/Happy_eGo_E_cigarette_Starter_Kit_p/ego-kit.htm

I'd like to get everything I need in 1 shot. Should I also get a pack of atomizers? Should I get the xl, regular, or lr ones? Should I get the mega battery? I'm going to take dayvapes suggestion and order those carto's, to bad they are out of stock though.

As for the liquids, all of the ones from the happyvaper site contain no nicotine? That seems weird to me. I read about problems from people ordering liquids from the States to Canada. How big of a gamble would it be ordering from the states?

And for ordering from the states what mg nicotine is recommended? propylene glycol or vegetable glycerin?

Thanks again for all the help

Sorry, not sure how to edit. This looks like a better deal think I will go with this http://www.nicfitnation.com/buy-the-ego-ecig/

Ok I messaged the happervapor people about the happy ego and within a minute they replied to me saying it is manufactured by joye. Crazy customer service lol. So this is what I'm going with http://www.happyvaper.com/Happy_eGo_E_cigarette_Starter_Kit_p/ego-kit.htm

I'd like to get everything I need in 1 shot. Should I also get a pack of atomizers? Should I get the xl, regular, or lr ones? Should I get the mega battery? I'm going to take dayvapes suggestion and order those carto's, to bad they are out of stock though.

As for the liquids, all of the ones from the happyvaper site contain no nicotine? That seems weird to me. I read about problems from people ordering liquids from the States to Canada. How big of a gamble would it be ordering from the states?

And for ordering from the states what mg nicotine is recommended? propylene glycol or vegetable glycerin?

Thanks again for all the help

Sorry, not sure how to edit. This looks like a better deal think I will go with this http://www.nicfitnation.com/buy-the-ego-ecig/

Hi, it seems like you can purchase the eGo for less from the States. As for e-liquid you might want to start out at the Vapor Talk Store (link is at the top of this page). If I or someone else hasn't mentioned it there is a How Do I section that covers the basics of vaping, direct dipping, filling a cartomizer which you may want to try when you get settled in with your eGo. VG - vegetable glycerin or PG - propylene glycol is the e-liquid base to which nicotine extract is added. Many will say that VG produces more vapor with less flavor while PG has less vapor, more flavor. I vape all PG and I get lots of vapor. Some of us complain that VG is thick and can gum up an atomizer before its time. It really will boil down to preference. If you can budget it, try both or you can try a mix of VG/PG like 80PG/20VG. The Suppliers link is also at the top with a variety of vendors who sell e-liquid. Hope this helps. Gluck!

Edited by Lily

Thanks Lily, but will it safely cross the border?

Hi, it seems like you can purchase the eGo for less from the States. As for e-liquid you might want to start out at the Vapor Talk Store (link is at the top of this page). If I or someone else hasn't mentioned it there is a How Do I section that covers the basics of vaping, direct dipping, filling a cartomizer which you may want to try when you get settled in with your eGo. VG - vegetable glycerin or PG - propylene glycol is the e-liquid base to which nicotine extract is added. Many will say that VG produces more vapor with less flavor while PG has less vapor, more flavor. I vape all PG and I get lots of vapor. Some of us complain that VG is thick and can gum up an atomizer before its time. It really will boil down to preference. If you can budget it, try both or you can try a mix of VG/PG like 80PG/20VG. The Suppliers link is also at the top with a variety of vendors who sell e-liquid. Hope this helps. Gluck!

Welcome Jamesc and congrats on making your first purchase!

As soon as you can afford to (time and/or finances), I would get the Mega (XL) ATTY and the Mega Drip tip to go with it. You'll love it! (well, I sure do mine).

Thanks, could you suggest somewhere to get the mega drip tip?

Welcome Jamesc and congrats on making your first purchase!

As soon as you can afford to (time and/or finances), I would get the Mega (XL) ATTY and the Mega Drip tip to go with it. You'll love it! (well, I sure do mine).

Edited by JamesC

Welcome James, I'm sure you can see now that you have gotten many different answers. That's because everyone has done a bit of experimentation, trying different things and settling into what they believe is the ultimate setup. One person says cartomizers, another says LR atomizers, and yet another says XL atomizers. The Ego is a great, well proven unit, and you can't go wrong there. As far as what atomizer/cartomizer to put on it........try everything, experiment, and find what works best for YOU. It's all so personal and individual.

Goodprophets.com has them for 99 cents. I think they're listed as the eGo delrin. (I got mine for free when I ordered a Mega Atty). http://www.shop.goodprophets.com/product.sc?productId=132

Wordupecig.com has them for only 5 bucks with free shipping: http://www.shop.wordupecig.com/Alll-Drip-Tips-Drip-Tips-JOYE-510-And-DSE-901.htm;jsessionid=8680D93FF8F60CA5AA79470B975FD282.qscstrfrnt02?productId=74

Goodprophets.com has them for 99 cents. I think they're listed as the eGo delrin. (I got mine for free when I ordered a Mega Atty). http://www.shop.goodprophets.com/product.sc?productId=132

Wordupecig.com has them for only 5 bucks with free shipping: http://www.shop.wordupecig.com/Alll-Drip-Tips-Drip-Tips-JOYE-510-And-DSE-901.htm;jsessionid=8680D93FF8F60CA5AA79470B975FD282.qscstrfrnt02?productId=74

Thank-you.