How Do You Know When...

chelseabear

So, I've been vaping for about a month now. My favorite is direct dripping; however, when driving I like to use either the mega carto's or carto's. I like both but my mega carto's leak like crazy! Also, my atty has been leaking lately too. So my question is, how do you know when your atty's dead? Or for that matter, how do you know when a mega carto or carto are dead? Do they leak? Do they taste bad? Or all of the above?

when they are dead, they don't work.

if it taste burnt that means, you tend to let it get dry.

wash them out, maybe even boil them "in water only" for about 5 - 10 mins. let them sit to cool in the water.

drain and do it once more.

i boil mine in about 8 cups of water.

Cartomizers don't need to be direct dripped like an atomizer.

They need only to be filled once, then they last about an hour or longer before they need to be filled again. Make sure when you first fill the cartomizer you're filling it all the way up. (A cartomizer can take quite a bit of liquid) :)

cartos tend to leak after you've been using them for a while

because the filler gets clogged with old juice and wont

hold the new juice well.

you can try rinsing them under hot tap water too clean them

then blow them out and let dry overnight.sometimes that

will bring the filler back to life.

you can also try blowing out your atty,then roll up a corner

of paper towel and insert it into the atty to drain it.

leave the atty batt side up with the towel in it for

a couple of hrs. then reload with 3-4 drops of juice

and vape.it might help the leak prob.and bad taste.

if your atty tastes burnt then removing the wick

and following the above drain method might help.HTH

good luck and happy vaping

I usually toss carto's when the flavor starts to get weak.I found myself adding liquid trying to get some flavor until they leaked all over the place.I agree either they get plugged up or the filler near the element gets burnt up to the point no liquid is getting hot enough to produce the goods.Some atties leak worse than others,Bauway 801's are very messy,Joye 302's hardly ever leak for me.

Edited by mcquinn

I've been lucky with my Mega Cartos I guess. So far, the only times they've leaked is when my battery is dying and needs recharging. Before I use a carto, I'll take a paper towel or napkin and wipe out the battery end gently. Sometimes I hold the paper towel against the battery end and shake it to make sure the juice is distributed and all the extra leaves it. I lovee these mega Cartos for busy days! They last me a good 4-6 hrs of moderate vaping. At night I enjoy my Mega ATTY with the new fangled Mega Drip Tip... wow! Love the good full flavor and vapor. Those attys are like having 2 or more of the regular attys.

Are you having problems with brand new cartos or is it mainly with well used ones? Fresh or tired batteries? PG or VG? I do use mostly VG in mine, and 50/50. I wonder if that makes a difference?

when they are dead, they don't work.

if it taste burnt that means, you tend to let it get dry.

wash them out, maybe even boil them "in water only" for about 5 - 10 mins. let them sit to cool in the water.

drain and do it once more.

i boil mine in about 8 cups of water.

Thank you Jolly. I'm assuming this is for an atty?

Cartomizers don't need to be direct dripped like an atomizer.

They need only to be filled once, then they last about an hour or longer before they need to be filled again. Make sure when you first fill the cartomizer you're filling it all the way up. (A cartomizer can take quite a bit of liquid) :)

Thanks Christopher! I've been using the condom method to fill my cartos; even though it's a little messy. I'm able to get about 10 drops in and pull off the soft top to make sure it looks slushy and the liquid is not pooled. However, I never get an hour out of a carto! The mega carto's maybe, but not the regular ones.

I've been lucky with my Mega Cartos I guess. So far, the only times they've leaked is when my battery is dying and needs recharging. Before I use a carto, I'll take a paper towel or napkin and wipe out the battery end gently. Sometimes I hold the paper towel against the battery end and shake it to make sure the juice is distributed and all the extra leaves it. I lovee these mega Cartos for busy days! They last me a good 4-6 hrs of moderate vaping. At night I enjoy my Mega ATTY with the new fangled Mega Drip Tip... wow! Love the good full flavor and vapor. Those attys are like having 2 or more of the regular attys.

Are you having problems with brand new cartos or is it mainly with well used ones? Fresh or tired batteries? PG or VG? I do use mostly VG in mine, and 50/50. I wonder if that makes a difference?

Uma,

The carto's are about 3 weeks old...same with the mega's. I've had the batteries about a month now and charge them every night. I have been using the 50/50 juice. I'm going to try blowing out my atty's and boiling them to see if I can get them to stop leaking. I think the carto's (both regular and mega) are getting old and are ready to go. I'm getting very little taste from the juice now. I placed an order last week and I'm waiting for them to arrive.

Thanks to all who responded.