Battery Life Inquiry

noxleno

Hey guys;

I just joined last night, thanks for all the responses to my Intro thread.

My question is this: do e-cigs deplete battery life for the entire time they are "assembled", or only when dragging on them? Because I'm more of a casual smoker and won't be hacking on them at every opportunity, moreso on weekends/ poker night/ what have you; so should I be concerned about battery life (eGo?) or would a 510 which apparently has shorter battery life be just fine? If a battery lasts "5 - 6 hours" does this literally mean 5-6 hours connected or 5-6 hours of physically dragging the dart?

Some clarification of the nuances of "battery life" would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi and welcome,

I can only offer my opinion based on two different e-cigs. I purchased the Joye 510 when I started (only a month ago). The battery life for me lasted 5-6 hours then I would have to switch. I was getting a little frustrated in having to change the batteries 2 or 3 times a day depending on how much I used it. I decided to purchase the eGo because of it's longer battery life and it just looked cooler. I'm such a sucker for anything shiny :dribble: . Anyhow, I did my initial charge on the eGo battery and used it that same night. I can't speak to everyone's experience with the eGo battery but I used the same battery for almost 18 hours! What I mean by this is that I started using the battery around 6 at night,took it to work, came home, stayed up till 1 am, went to bed, woke up at 7 am and it finally lost charge at 11 am on Saturday morning. Mind you I was NOT casually using it. I don't think I have put it down in 3 days.

That is my experience so hopefully it helps you make a decision. I :wub: my eGo.

Like stated above the batteries only turn on when activated. The general rule of thumb is, the smaller the ecig the lower the battery life. It's a size over convenience thing. A Joye 510 will last the average person about 1-2 hours before it needs to be charged again. (You can just switch out the batteries, most kits come with 2)

The Joye eGo which is the longest lasting electronic cigarette on the market right now, lasts about 10-16 hours depending on the person. The only downside of course is that it doesn't look like a cigarette. :)

I've had the stick batteries, they last about an hour and a half tops. That is puffing time not sitting time. So if your a light smoker, you could last half the day on one battery. You would still want to carry at least 2 spares. For me I needed 3 batts to get thru work or 2 batts and always charging one.

The Ego is a monster. I consider myself a heavy vapor. A regular 650mAh batt will last me almost all day. I have yet to exhaust my 1000mAh battery! I swear it has gone almost 2 days for me!