Press Release from "Crown 7" in Canada and Obama Billboard

Nor have I but some of them thar flavs looked pretty yummy. Although they are pre-filled carts.

I am signed up for an alert from Google every time an article appears re: electronic cigs.

there is also an article that although Australia has banned the product, the Aussie health dept has a goal to minimize smoking annually and e-cigs may be an answer to that issue. Hmmm, if they determine to release the ban this could be very good press.

My friends and I have a "pool" going as to whether e-cigs will make it through 2009 without being banned here in the US. Lot's of press could help me win - except for that nut supplier with with billboard to Obama - that could definately hurt with his touting this as a smoking cessation device. angry_32.png Basically he is just on the make-a-fast-profit-at-all-costs-bandwagon.

Ok so thanks to Vacker I got a little more info

http://www.vapeatron.com/fda-begin-bann ... ettes-170/

In a nut shell there is an E Cig Supplier that wishes to post a billboard in the heart of Philadelphia with an Obama ad that says "YES YOU CAN...Quit smoking with the electronic cigarette"

now this is definitely going to be on my next show! My feelings are mixed here, part of my says, no don't do it, we're not ready for that type of press yet. On the other and I think, ah to hell with it we gotta get the news out some how. One day these are either going to become legal or illegal, I'd rather find out sooner than later. Then again I suppose this probably isn't the best way to go around getting attention. Almost a cheap shot.

Here is the owners responce

I cant believe how quickly this spread through the internet !! I saw everyone’s concern so I signed up to talk to you guys.

My name is Jon and I am the owner of The Safe Cig. I own 2 stores In Philadelphia and they have done extremely well. CBS came to me and asked to do a story on the safe cig and I agreed to it because i have done news interviews in the past and they went really well. Even the past president of the national cancer society said that "the product has promise". The women you saw in the report Stephanie Stall didn’t even interview me, she had a root canal and was late to the studio so her very young producer did the interview. I am extremely upset to see that CBS allowed such a poor report to air and it was extremely rushed and included zero facts and was biased. I want everyone to relax for 2 reasons. 1- I just received my order of 2200 starter kits and ups or dhl seized nothing !!!! So they lied !!!! 2- I have a secret weapon and His name his President Obama. I took out a 40 foot billboard in the heart of center city near the stadium that reads" President Obama "yes you can" quit smoking with the safe cig. then it has my website. and the words "Obama challenge 2009" on the bottom. My billboard rep sent out a press release to over 150 news stations !!!! This has got to get Obama’s attention and if it does were golden !!. The billboard goes up tomorrow. Now heres what you guys can do to help. Find me articles, fda, c.e., rohs...any official articles that i could send to CBS and have them do a retraction. I’m even thinking about getting a lawyer but then again maybe I should let it go? Either way i will fight for the electronic cigarette. i will do my best to keep you guys posted.

all the best

Jon

Sooo what are your thoughts on this?