Found A Way To Clean Atomizer

joylynne

I have had my e-cig for two weeks now. It's a Joye 510, I just purchased the Ego because quite honestly it looks cooler and has rave reviews. Anyways.....I was trying to figure out the best way to clean this thing without using vinegar or anything else that tastes bad. So I got curious and went into my cabinets and pulled out the Brew Rite coffee cleaner. I figured if it could clean the insides of a nasty coffee pot it should work on this right?

I dissolved roughly 1/2 tablespoon of it into somewhat boiling water, nuked 1 cup in the microwave for about 1 min 45 seconds, and dropped in the atomizer for about 10-15 minutes stirring it around for about 30 seconds every few minutes then pulled it out and alternated running clean water through it and blowing. Rinsed it for about 3-4 minutes then took a hair dryer to it.

And it came out.......CLEAN. Very clean... There was slight (had to try really hard to smell it) residual smell of watermelon left but I probably could have let it soak a little bit longer too.

I had to drip about 4-5 drops of liquid to start and then had to drip a little more. Much like when I first got the cig. I know the atty is only a few weeks old so I am not sure how well this would work on older atty's but it seemed to have done the trick on this one. In fact I wasn't really wild about the liquid I had and now that the atty is clean I like it a lot less...zero to no flavor in this stuff. :sick: YUCK ! I guess the buildup was actually doing me some good!

Sorry this post got a little long but I wanted to share.

Edited by joylynne

• 3 weeks later...

I would stop using that method! Remember whatever you put in it you will not be able to rinse it completely out. The reason you started using an E-cig was to get rid of 4000 chemicals that are present in cigarettes. I would hate for you to have a health problem down the road because you just didn't know better. :detective:

Best cleaning method is using a bulb syringe and plain water. There is a video on this forum.

Edited by Pauls

That's what I was thinking... but I've never used it so I don't know. Typically, if something isn't safe to injest though, it wouldn't be used for cleaning a coffee pot would it??

I would certainly hope not!

I have had my e-cig for two weeks now. It's a Joye 510, I just purchased the Ego because quite honestly it looks cooler and has rave reviews. Anyways.....I was trying to figure out the best way to clean this thing without using vinegar or anything else that tastes bad. So I got curious and went into my cabinets and pulled out the Brew Rite coffee cleaner. I figured if it could clean the insides of a nasty coffee pot it should work on this right?

I dissolved roughly 1/2 tablespoon of it into somewhat boiling water, nuked 1 cup in the microwave for about 1 min 45 seconds, and dropped in the atomizer for about 10-15 minutes stirring it around for about 30 seconds every few minutes then pulled it out and alternated running clean water through it and blowing. Rinsed it for about 3-4 minutes then took a hair dryer to it.

And it came out.......CLEAN. Very clean... There was slight (had to try really hard to smell it) residual smell of watermelon left but I probably could have let it soak a little bit longer too.

I had to drip about 4-5 drops of liquid to start and then had to drip a little more. Much like when I first got the cig. I know the atty is only a few weeks old so I am not sure how well this would work on older atty's but it seemed to have done the trick on this one. In fact I wasn't really wild about the liquid I had and now that the atty is clean I like it a lot less...zero to no flavor in this stuff. :sick: YUCK ! I guess the buildup was actually doing me some good!

Sorry this post got a little long but I wanted to share.

That is great if you feel that works for you, just a suggestion here use distilled water when rinsing them out regular water can clog. I myself just Blow out the atty each night through the bridge side, tried all other ways to me none of them work the best is a daily blow out, and all MFG of attys rate how many puffs you can get from them before replacement is necessary, meaning attys do not last that long of a time.

• 1 year later...