Car Charger Adaptors

Uma

I am a bit confused about the cigarette lighter car charger thingies. Not all are created equal! There are all kinds of mah/v/amp types out there. Would a 1000 one work for the ego or would I have to get the 500? What if I want to Vape while charging? I go from store to store... some don't recommend vaing while charging, some say good for vaping while charging, some don't say one way or the other.

Could somebody be a Dear and please uncomplicate this for me! I have a USB/eGo on the way. I have SB/PT already too. I hope to get a purple buzz and glv3 in the future. (and God knows whatever else pops up between now and then lol). These are all "different" mahs, v's, amps, whatevers and I want to be confident in using the right chrger while vaping. One size does not fit all... or will it? The one from IndyVapes(sp) is a 2amp, would that one work on all beasts or is it too strong for some? I don't understand obviously. What about the ones from VapeRite??? COLORS!!! I like those, but can't figure out if they're okay for the SB/PT or usb/ego or buzz or ....

I'm rambling. sorry.

Frustrated. Winters approaching and .... must be ready for anything!

For instance:

1. http://www.vaperite.com/store/accessories/details/222/3/accessories/mini-usb-car-charger (can i vape while charging? if so, all pv's?)

2. http://www.shop.wordupecig.com/USB-Cigarette-Lighter-Adapter-USB-Cigarette-Lighter-Adapter.htm;jsessionid=0385AF4207B395CAA5472C8D39779CC8.qscstrfrnt02 (not recommended for vaping while charging. why?)

3. http://indyvaporshop.com/ac-usb-adaptercharger.html (vape and charge! any pv limits? too strong for ego? too weak for buzz>)

4. http://www.shop.goodprophets.com/product.sc?productId=59&categoryId=5 (select which one... naturally i bought 2 ego 500 ones, but can I vape while charging? will they work on the SB/pt? buzz?)

there's more out there, but I'll spare you.

P.S. The one from VapeRite... Todd tried it out with his buzz for me! But he either kept overlooking the "vape and charge" or nonchalantly ignoring it, and wouldn't say if it's vapeable while charging. But! It does charge a buzz, so that part's cool.

The problem is ,if you don't have enough mAh's it simply will not work .1 amp or 1000 mA or greater should do the job.More if you like LR stuff.

Edited by mcquinn

I'm confused too. I ordered the USB fast charger for my eGo and I know I can't use it with my 510 batteries, BUT can I use the car charger part and the wall charger part to plug into? If I'm camping I don't have computer I could bring netbook would that work? I can use either the car plug in or the wall in the camper. My charger for the 510 is the pcc.

for the ego fast charger, goodprophet suggests the 500mah one that they sell. (I bought 2 yesterday).

for pc I will go for the 2amp one by electronicstix and indyvaporshop I think, because then I can also vape my SB while charging.

if I got this wrong, please correct. thx!

Hope this helps you too MastiffMom

Okay - I'm not the best person to be answering, but in my understanding. Any USB charger should work off of any USB source, netbook, wall USB plug, USB car charger, etc. The ma it puts out will dictate how long it will take to charge your device. If you have a fast USB charger for an ego, the 2A or even 1A should probably charge it quickly. A netbook will charge it very slowly even with the USB fast charger. The beauty of the 2A besides helping with a fast charge, is to make sure a straight passthru (no battery) will perform as you vape while plugged in. Something like the USB ego will not really benefit from a larger ma charger as it has a battery. And like a battery passthru, the charger is not driving the atty while vaping, but charging the battery while the battery drives the atty.

I'm confused too. I ordered the USB fast charger for my eGo and I know I can't use it with my 510 batteries, BUT can I use the car charger part and the wall charger part to plug into? If I'm camping I don't have computer I could bring netbook would that work? I can use either the car plug in or the wall in the camper. My charger for the 510 is the pcc.

Yes - fast charger will work with anything. Will not be fast with netbook as it will not have a lot of ma to drive the charger, will just charge a little slower, a couple to three hours instead of the 1.5 or so. I would guess most laptops won't drive the fast charger very well either, maybe a desktop will. USB wall charger will drive it great as will the car charger I pointed to. Point is you need more ma to drive the bigger chargers, less will work, but will take longer. You could probably charge a 510 off the EGO fast charger if connected to the netbook because its basically what is termed a trickle charge. Don't do it though just in case I'm wrong.

Okay - I'm not the best person to be answering, but in my understanding. Any USB charger should work off of any USB source, netbook, wall USB plug, USB car charger, etc. The ma it puts out will dictate how long it will take to charge your device. If you have a fast USB charger for an ego, the 2A or even 1A should probably charge it quickly. A netbook will charge it very slowly even with the USB fast charger. The beauty of the 2A besides helping with a fast charge, is to make sure a straight passthru (no battery) will perform as you vape while plugged in. Something like the USB ego will not really benefit from a larger ma charger as it has a battery. And like a battery passthru, the charger is not driving the atty while vaping, but charging the battery while the battery drives the atty.

The 2amp is perfect for my SB, and will replace having to use my battery while traveling.

Either the 2amp or the 500mah will work and won't hurt my eGo/usb pt and I can vape while charging.

Either the 2amp or the 500mah will work okay with my fast charger while charging it but not vaping my regular ego.

right? lol. I think I'm 'getting" it by golly. Please correct if wrong.

It looks as though you are correct in your assumptions.My reasoning for buying the bigger adapter is to prevent inadvertently down the road hooking a passthrough or something that requires the higher amperage and getting let down.If I were buying one I would get one that would do the most good and not have several similar devices laying around .It would not hurt anything to have more amps available as the device will only draw what it needs,so it would not harm your equipment to hook it to a larger adapter than the minimum required size.Sorry if I confused you .

It looks as though you are correct in your assumptions.My reasoning for buying the bigger adapter is to prevent inadvertently down the road hooking a passthrough or something that requires the higher amperage and getting let down.If I were buying one I would get one that would do the most good and not have several similar devices laying around .It would not hurt anything to have more amps available as the device will only draw what it needs,so it would not harm your equipment to hook it to a larger adapter than the minimum required size.Sorry if I confused you .

Thanks for clarifying and for assuring. I like the idea of having only one too, like you. I'll probably give the 2 I bought to the kids for their cars and ipods and cell phones. I'll definitely buy a lg 2amp one as suggested. It'll even charge my laptop. (right>?!). Thanks!

A few days ago I noticed Madvapes has the 2 amp car chargers on sale for $6.99

http://www.madvapes.com/2-amp-Car-to-USB-Adapter_p_2358.html

Just thought I'd maybe save ya a few bucks. I assume this one is the same as Joe suggested.

Oh and the fast usb chargers are on cheap there too $3.99

http://www.madvapes.com/510-USB-Charger_p_2034.html

Good luck Uma. I had a helluva time with my car setup a few months back. I should have just asked the questions you just did :)