Sweeteners

AimeeG

I just received some great DIY stuff from Totally Wicked. I bought fifteen decadent vapor flavorings! I also got some of their platinum ice, PG, and VG. I mixed up a 5ml bottle of 5mg liquid (not as difficult as I thought it would be!) with 50% PG and 50% VG. I put 15 drops of that in the carto sleeve with 5 drops of the whiskey flavor and mixed it with a toothpick. I could tell the flavor on exhale, sort of like you do after you swallow whiskey (or at least, I do!). What I thought I was missing was a sweetness. Doesn't the PG or the VG have a bit of sweetness to it? Is there something else I can get at the drugstore or grocery store or hobby store that I could use to add some sweetness? I haven't tried any of the other fourteen flavors yet, so it may just be the whiskey flavoring, but I'm curious what you all do. I'll be really bummed if the apple pie flavor has great taste but no sweetness. Thanks!

Also... thanks for the forum member who made the iOS app that I used to get the measurements right in my mixing! Awesome find!

Edited by AimeeG

There are a few options for adding sweetness. DIY flavorshack carries a product called Eythol Maltol, which is a sweetener. Currently I actually prefer Loranns cottoncandy or marshmallow for sweetening. neither have much flavor on their own, but are great for adding to mixes.

Many of the flavorings are not very sweet.

Mixing is fun !!

There are a few options for adding sweetness. DIY flavorshack carries a product called Eythol Maltol, which is a sweetener. Currently I actually prefer Loranns cottoncandy or marshmallow for sweetening. neither have much flavor on their own, but are great for adding to mixes.

Many of the flavorings are not very sweet.

Mixing is fun !!

As usual she is spot on! I use a marshmallow flavor to sweeten as well, and a cream sometimes, and a green tea that seems to carry flavor or bring it out well w/out covering it.

I just saw the sweetener option for the first time the other day on Tasty Vapor. I think they use a sucralose variety(splenda) I had never known that to be an option and I did not take that option with my atomic cyanide but I might with others in the future! :devil:

Thank you all for your help. Since I really didn't want to order the eythol maltol for just a few bucks and spend more on shipping (I think I will order it when I need to place a larger order, though), I used some stevia powder. Seems highly irregular, I know, and I may be junking up my cartomizers with it, but it has been working.

Here's what I did:

In my 5ml bottle, I used probably half a scoop from the stevia jar. The scoop holds maybe 5mg, so it was probably close to 2mg of stevia. After putting in the PG, I shook it up really good then added the nic and the VG. (I like my liquid, typically, to be half and half.) My whiskey flavor still isn't where I'd like it to be, flavor wise, but now it doesn't just taste like it on the exhale, i.e., when I smell the vapor on exhale. The custard flavor tastes amazing and the coffee is more like the way I like my coffee, sweet! Also, I do not get a stevia after taste like I do when I've put it in my hot black tea (real liquid, beverage tea, not a vape!). So, for now, a little stevia powder will do.

Glad its working. will have to let us know when you get the right mix/flavor.

I've seen some liquid sweetners in the grocery store--just not sure about the artificial sweeteners.....

I hate the after taste of diet pops....

will be good to see what you think after a few days--then again, we are using food flavoring to vape--not exactly its original purpose....