"time For Tobacco Harm Reduction" Cover Story On Tobacco Outlet Business

Jkimbo

Found it on another forum did not have a chance to read it all and that other forum is blocked at my job so reposted it here for every one!

The cover story on the new September/October issue of Tobacco Outlet Business is "Time for Tobacco Harm Reduction: The emerging reduced-harm product market may become retailer's new profit center"

The seven page article (which quotes me extensively) is subtitled "Support Builds for Tobacco Harm Reduction" and discusses smokeless tobacco products and e-cigarettes in detail. The article also includes quotes by or mentions CASAA, NVC, AAPHP, ACSH, tobaccoharmreduction.org, Mike Siegel, Brad Rodu and Johnson Creek.

Credit to Bill Godshall

Link

Great article. Thanks for posting.

I hadn't previously considered the ramifications on the retail side of things as smoking becomes less and less prevalent. In Massachusetts smoke shops have been all but gone for years, but I do (that is, did ;)) drive to a couple of them in New Hampshire on occasion. I don't ever remember seeing eCig supplies there though. Surely carrying these supplies could replenish some of the profits lost over the last decade or so.

The FDA has been making all less harmful alternatives hide under a rock. Crazy! This article certainly puts my head down in shame for those times when I thought that the big tobacco companies were holding the ecig at bay. Shame on me!

they mention that the results from the court should be out in Nov-Jan (if i remember right).