Trying To Understand The Difference.....

Darrin

.. between using a LR atty with a cart, and a LR carto

with the atty and cart, i get a good amount of vapor, and it is very smooth

with the carto, the hit is really harsh tasting, and in order to get a good amount of vapor, it almost always sends me into a coughing fit

are the cartos usually that much harsher than just using a atty? i assumed that they would be very similar

thanks

Darrin

I've got some 1.7ohm cartos that are quite bad. I got burning filler taste right off the bat. While I'm sorry they're not working for you, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that think they're awful. :)

Maybe someone else has tried some LR ones that work. I've heard good things about the 1.8ohm ones and the 2.0 ohm ones. I think I'll just stick to the regular cartos at 5V when I need to use a carto.

yeah, i am thinking that i will just get a pack of LR attys and drip

the one that came with the ego was a 1.7 but it works really nice

I'll just keep a cart on hand for those times i cant drip

I am really not liking the cartos... even the regular cartos aren't nearly as smooth

Edit: wasnt using a regular carto.... these are decent

Edited by Darrin

i had an lr carto that i gave bob, not sure what the ohm was but it was good.

the problem is that even if they say 1.8 or w/e ohm 9 of 10 times its just hit or miss if they actually get the right ohm.

as an example i have regular attys and cartos running 4.0ohm down to 2.2ohm. most of those are TW attys. i even have a few that go down to 1.2ohm from them. yet arent listed as lr.

the hunt is on for some quality control!

cig easy is another random number one i have. i have one carto at 5ish ohm.. seriously, wtf? you can't use this one on anything below 5v.

Once I get lower on stock I will probably get some from the vt store

But would be nice to find some that are consistent, perhaps the LR cartos that I have are okay but I got a bad one

Will try at a later date, dripping is fine at home.

Now just need a better storage unit :-)

Thanks all

For now... regular cartos @ anything higher than 3.7v is still the way to go, IMO. Just gotta remember to keep em wet! Don't try to vape them till they are almost gone... it's never a good thing to do as you will surely end up with that nasty/burnt taste! I find the best way to treat a carto is by dripping in them like an atty. Every 10 or so drags... I add more juice. It's really that simple. Then they provide excellent flavor/vapor, etc.

Edited by DAYVAPE

Here is my take on it...

Regular atomizers are good.

Regular cartomizers are 10x stronger and produce much more vapor. Not sure why. Also good.

LR atomizers taste like I lit a dead raccoon on fire and inhaled the smoke. I don't hate myself nearly enough to mess with LR again. Not good.

Never tried LR cartomizers, because frankly, since the atomizers taste burnt and hideous, I can't imagine that surrounding it with an easily burnt filler is going to help that at all. Never tried it, though.

Just my opinions/experiences. :shiftyninja:

I am agreeing with you about regular Cartomizers, I like them so much better than the LR cartos.

As for the atties, the LR ones aren't too bad, though maybe I am getting used to them... They definitely burn a lot hotter. And this is at 3.7

Sometimes I get a lot of vapor, some times not..

Oh well may have a few things to toss on a table at a meet... :-)

So far the 510 carto's with the aluminum threads seem to be the most consistant and long lasting in the flavor dept. for me.The 306 carto's are really good for two or three days then the flavor goes south.I found a Joye 510 atty that I got from VT and just never got around to trying and I am really liking it.After a year and a half I finally tried a Joye 510.Go figure I have been recomending them to everyone and buying them for other people but never tried one myself before now.I prefer carts as my first choice but lately have not been able to find any atties that will wick the liquid right,so I have been dripping and using carto's.The Bauway atties work good but now I see why people complain about pennstyles leaking ,I never had that with other low bridge atties kind of weird how they just leak a lot of liquid with no warning.I think it just builds up under the ceramic cup then lets loose out the vents.You would thjink they would gurggle or something to let you know .

I have had a lot of leaking with the LR cartos... But I tossed the one, and not sure I will open another. The taste was too bad..

Basically using a regular carto during work with a drip tip, dripping a bit in every so often. Using the LR atty at home while dripping, but may just go to using the cartos exclusively

Keeping the atty for when I want to test flavors.

The regular cartos that I have are the silver threaded ones.. The taste is much smoother and consistent

Now I was getting great taste with the LR atty with using a cart packed with the tea bag fill

Am wondering if the LR cartos would be better if the filler was replaced, can you replace the filler in the same way as you would a cart?

Edited by Darrin

I have had a lot of leaking with the LR cartos... But I tossed the one, and not sure I will open another. The taste was too bad..

Basically using a regular carto during work with a drip tip, dripping a bit in every so often. Using the LR atty at home while dripping, but may just go to using the cartos exclusively

Keeping the atty for when I want to test flavors.

The regular cartos that I have are the silver threaded ones.. The taste is much smoother and consistent

Now I was getting great taste with the LR atty with using a cart packed with the tea bag fill

Am wondering if the LR cartos would be better if the filler was replaced, can you replace the filler in the same way as you would a cart?

I think so. I have actually heard of people cleaning the filler and putting it back, and even removing the filler and dripping into it like an atomizer.

Then again, I just tried to remove the filler from an old one, and I ripped out some important-looking wires and things. :innocent: So you might want to research it carefully.

If you were using LR cartos that were the gold threads... they suck/leak like crazy! They are horrible if you ask me. I don't have any reason to try another LR carto though since I have a variable voltage device... just crank it up to fit the standard 510 carto and nothing else is needed! :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

Silver = Boge

Brass = SLB (for the most part)

My problem with the standard Boges (run at a true 4.2V) is the draw, rather quickly (about 2 days), stiffens up to almost nothing. You can't really open up the tube again due to the wire running through it. Soaking barely makes a difference.

Silver = Boge

Brass = SLB (for the most part)

My problem with the standard Boges (run at a true 4.2V) is the draw, rather quickly (about 2 days), stiffens up to almost nothing. You can't really open up the tube again due to the wire running through it. Soaking barely makes a difference.

Sure you can... take you a large paperclip and bend out the long end of it. Then just stick it down in the hole from the top side of the carto and wiggle it back and forth. Trust me... you can really get rough when doing this and it loosens the filler up and allows for airflow again! I do this daily... and cartos are all I use. I've figured out a lot of little tricks like this that just prolong the use of them a lot. Try it... you will be a happy vaper again! :thumbsup:

Sure you can... take you a large paperclip and bend out the long end of it. Then just stick it down in the hole from the top side of the carto and wiggle it back and forth. Trust me... you can really get rough when doing this and it loosens the filler up and allows for airflow again! I do this daily... and cartos are all I use. I've figured out a lot of little tricks like this that just prolong the use of them a lot. Try it... you will be a happy vaper again! :thumbsup:

Worked pretty well. Thanks.

You didn't mean to push the wire all the way through did you?

Just the paperclip... and you can do it from both ends of your carto and wiggle it around to fluff and re-canter the filler material. I have one handy at all times because cartos do tend to get a tighter draw as time goes on. This really takes care of that issue and also help to allow the filler to soak up more juice! :thumbsup:

Just the paperclip... and you can do it from both ends of your carto and wiggle it around to fluff and re-canter the filler material. I have one handy at all times because cartos do tend to get a tighter draw as time goes on. This really takes care of that issue and also help to allow the filler to soak up more juice! :thumbsup:

Hey, I just tried that and it really works! Been vaping for 3 months now and never thought to do that. Who knew? Amazing difference. I also recommend using Boge cartos...I've experimented with several different brands and keep going back to them. My husband and I go thru tons of cartos because we are testing a lot of new flavors and use a new carto for each one. We've never had a bad Boge yet...can't say the same for the other brands. Thanks so much for the great tip DayVape!

I don't know if I missed this or if this is a really stupid question, but how do you know if it is a Boge carto? I have looked on several sites and I see the 510 soft tip cartos, but I can't find any mention of brand, unless it is joye of course :help:

The Boge's have the silver threads, SLB has the gold threads. I think there are some new Joye cartos also that have silver threads.

Some suppliers list the manufacturer, some don't.