Jolly Atty Test Runs.

Jolly

so i got in some new "non-burning" wick today.

soon as i get a few things squared away, i'll get the working on the usable-concept idea.

right now i'm just testing it by shoving it into an atty as a sort of carto to see how well it holds juice and keeps the coil wet.

i'll also be making some small under the bridge wick and testing that also. i would like to cram it under there as to get maybe 7+ drops into a 510 with out leaking.

if the tests work out, i'll be building my own atty.

provided this works like i plan, it will be about the only atty sold due to life and not having to fill. i didn't give much idea as to how it will be designed but once/if it works you will be stunned, those in video chat already have a good idea as i give away a lot of details in there as well as get a lot of good ideas.

in an atty what would you like to input as a key element of one?

I would like to see the element outside a chamber where the liquid gets vaporised.That way it would not be prone to burn out as the chamber would heat sink it and it would not carbon up .Not very good for baqtteries but it could work out on a passthrough type of unit for use at home.

Yes ,I would for a PV to use at the house just make a heated chamber you drip e-juice into and when it vaporises inhale it through a tube.Kind of like an electric water pipe.The death of an atty element is from burn out do to running dry or carboning up.The reason atties don't work so well is the amount of liquid in the vicinity of the element.Too much and it won't get hot too little and no vapor or burn out.We are limiting ourselves by trying to make new devices like the old ones.Need to identify the mission at hand and look for better way to accomplish it.For portability what we have now is pretty good compromise .But most of the time I do my seriouse vaping I am at home at my desk or in my big leather lazy boy.There are a lot of things you could use to make the required heat at 110 volts and a lot of off the shelf devices to adjust that heat to your preference.You could also clean the vaporising chamber so it would last .If I were in mad scientist mode I could go crazy with some things from Edmund Scientific.As far as the wick thing goes there are limitations that don't seem to be overcome .They either don't hold liquid well meaning mess or they don't let it go meaning constant topping off.This is why dripping is so poular.Devices to feed the liquid to the element that are portable will by nature be more compromise due to size restrictions.If the viscosity were thinner an atomiser that sprays a mist would be good .