Is It Wrong

BeachBum

Obviously the best thing for a non-smoker to do is not inhale anything other than air. BUT if it's her idea, no pressure from you.. I say maybe suggest that it might not be a great idea, then after that, if she chooses to do it anyway, then, well, enjoy it with her. It's something she wants to do.. I equate it to last night when I totally STUFFED myself at the Mexican restaurant. Was it the best thing for me? Nope. Mr.Jaaxx gave me a look with a raised eyebrow,which silently said "I KNOW you're not still hungry, you can stop anytime!" Now I am a person who likes to stay thin and I lost about 40 pounds a year or 2 ago, of course he knows this.. I grinned sheepishly and continued to stuff my face. And that was the end of that-- we had a great time while I overate like a goober! God help him if he had told me to put that fork down, right NOW!

Edited to add-- I posted after reading only the first page. If she was intending to take up SMOKING anyway, then I think I'd skip the "Not a good idea" part.

Obviously the best thing for a non-smoker to do is not inhale anything other than air. BUT if it's her idea, no pressure from you.. I say maybe suggest that it might not be a great idea, then after that, if she chooses to do it anyway, then, well, enjoy it with her. It's something she wants to do.. I equate it to last night when I totally STUFFED myself at the Mexican restaurant. Was it the best thing for me? Nope. Mr.Jaaxx gave me a look with a raised eyebrow,which silently said "I KNOW you're not still hungry, you can stop anytime!" Now I am a person who likes to stay thin and I lost about 40 pounds a year or 2 ago, of course he knows this.. I grinned sheepishly and continued to stuff my face. And that was the end of that-- we had a great time while I overate like a goober! God help him if he had told me to put that fork down, right NOW!

Edited to add-- I posted after reading only the first page. If she was intending to take up SMOKING anyway, then I think I'd skip the "Not a good idea" part.

I don't know that she was planning on taking up smoking for sure, but she sure was talking about it a lot and we do have a lot of friends who smoke as well as me. So far I have introduced 4 of my smoker friends to e-cigs and I am cutting way down on analogs myself - only 2 yesterday and 1 so far today. The fact that she tried an analog in the 1st place was sort of an indicator to me.

Since last week, I have been trying to drop down my analog usage by being aware of when and how many I smoke as well as always using it when I spend time with my wife even out on our back patio. The weekends are hard while watching football and drinking a few, but I cut down to 8 analogs on Saturday and only 5 on Sunday. My wife and I figured out that she is very fidgety and nervous and she has found a certain amount of relaxation in just even holding the e-cig in her hand. She also found it relaxing just to close her eyes and lean back and take a drag and hold it in her mouth. She sometimes swallows and inhales through her nose, but if she is going to use the e-cig, I want her to get the relaxation whether she inhales or not, and she really does seem to get what she was looking for out of it while still using the 0 nic. I gave her a case and she now carries a DSE 901 in her purse with preloaded strawberry and menthol atty's and cartridges. How often she uses it to relieve stress will be seen in the future, but I think using the e-cig is better than taking a xanax when she is stressed and needs to get away for a few minutes.

Since last week, I have been trying to drop down my analog usage by being aware of when and how many I smoke as well as always using it when I spend time with my wife even out on our back patio. The weekends are hard while watching football and drinking a few, but I cut down to 8 analogs on Saturday and only 5 on Sunday. My wife and I figured out that she is very fidgety and nervous and she has found a certain amount of relaxation in just even holding the e-cig in her hand. She also found it relaxing just to close her eyes and lean back and take a drag and hold it in her mouth. She sometimes swallows and inhales through her nose, but if she is going to use the e-cig, I want her to get the relaxation whether she inhales or not, and she really does seem to get what she was looking for out of it while still using the 0 nic. I gave her a case and she now carries a DSE 901 in her purse with preloaded strawberry and menthol atty's and cartridges. How often she uses it to relieve stress will be seen in the future, but I think using the e-cig is better than taking a xanax when she is stressed and needs to get away for a few minutes.

I actually just ordered the Joye 510 from my supplier at www.ecigarettecigar.com and also got my 1st pass through, a portable charging case and some extra atomizers and juice. Hopefully the added investment will motivate me more strongly to not buy any more analogs when I run out of the current packs. We will see how it goes.

How often she uses it to relieve stress will be seen in the future, but I think using the e-cig is better than taking a xanax when she is stressed and needs to get away for a few minutes.

This is exactly why I started smoking at the age of 24... stress. My first year of teaching, moving, and difficult relationships. Mostly the teaching. Xanax wasn't around then (or if it was, I certainly didn't know about it), but had I known about ecigs, I likely would've gone for those instead of analogs. The side effects of nicotine in liquid form (high blood pressure, not sure what else), seems a small price compared to the ridiculous disclaimers about xanax.

Good luck to you and your wife and welcome to VaporTalk!

Part of the reason, probably the biggest reason, we all started smoking was to be a part of a group, a shared experience. Smoking is, or was, a very social activity for most of us so the desire to share this new activity is not surprising. She is an adult, if a shared vape in the evening is enjoyable to both of you then why not? I load up carts with different flavors for my hubby to try and it's kinda fun. He did of course formerly smoke but still. Would anyone be upset if your non-drinking wife decided to unwind with a glass of wine before bed? No. I used to enjoy smoking a cigar with the guys when we went camping I certainly do not smoke them regularly. This is so much better than analogs and 0 nicotine is not going to cause any addiction issues so I say go for it. Good luck and welcome.

Thank you all so much for your input. I have learned a lot from this forum. Between this site and some other actual smoking forums and stories, I finally got it through my thick skull that I was trying to make her learn the way I wanted her to do it "right' Last night I told her that there is no pressure for her to inhale, or do anything else except enjoy and now that I have taken the pressure to learn off of her, she was relaxed and really seemed to enjoy vaping without feeling she has to learn. She really liked watching the vapor come out of her mouth, enjoyed the strawberry flavor and found it relaxing. She will eventually figure out how she wants to do it and learn on her own. I am still on analogs a little bit, but I have only had 4 so far this week and with the excitement of getting my new Joye 510 with all the toys I am hoping that I can decrease that even further, but I refuse to beat myself up for still using the analogs. It is like her, if there is pressure to do something in a certain way, or stop doing something, then it just adds resistance.

This is exactly why I started smoking at the age of 24... stress. My first year of teaching, moving, and difficult relationships. Mostly the teaching. Xanax wasn't around then (or if it was, I certainly didn't know about it), but had I known about ecigs, I likely would've gone for those instead of analogs. The side effects of nicotine in liquid form (high blood pressure, not sure what else), seems a small price compared to the ridiculous disclaimers about xanax.

Good luck to you and your wife and welcome to VaporTalk!

She is using mostly 0 nicotine or a very low 6mg nicotine mix so the side effects are minimal. Even when we do smoky kisses (very cool by the way) she is still only getting a little nicotine and I think the side effects are minimal. I would like to see this become a relaxing evening habit but don't want to see her addicted to anything except being with me.