Spade Replacement Question

Darrin

good morning :)

i havent been around the forums in awhile as my wife and i slipped back to smoking... but have been back on the juice now for a good two weeks..

my dilemma though is that over labor day i lost my spade while traveling, i am currently using my backup 510 but am looking for a replacement.

rather than get a new spade, i was wondering what new stuff has come out in the past year that might be a better buy.

i have seen a lot of nice reviews and comments on the ego, and i may be leaning towards that.. especially since it will take all my old carts and attys

thanks for any info :)

darrin

The eGo would be a perfect replacement for your Spade. It's probably about the same width (perhaps a bit smaller around), but a bit shorter...it does use the same atty, so that is a plus. One of the best points is that the battery lasts a whole lot longer. I only got about 2 hours out of the Spade batteries before having to recharge. I get a good 8 to 10 hours out of an eGo battery. Lots of folks around here get a lot more time than that out of them. I think you'd be extremely pleased it.

BTW...my deepest condolences on the loss of your Spade. That's so sad.

The eGo is a great choice. I can't stress that enough. If you are looking for other colors, Totally Wicked sells the Tornado (that is what I have) it is the same thing as the eGo, just different name. They have red, black, platinum, white and others.

yeah it is sad, was a great device... but it still may turn up

i was leaning towards the ego... with a stainless t-tip

now to decide between a silver or black model :)

I hate to see someone suffer while trying to decide between a silver or a black model...so...my best advice is...get one of each. You need the backups anyway. :thumbsup:

Thanks!

I ended up getting a silver ego for now.

BUT. My wife found my spade in the suitcase in one of the pockets. Oh well now I have both :)

Did also order a t-tip that should make dripping a bit easier

There are several people here who use HV and would be happy to tell you of the benefits. I have a PT for my SB, but rarely use it. Only when I'm at my main computer - because it has to be plugged into the wall. Honestly, I don't see that it's much better than using the SB with a battery and a LR atty. Or the eGo with a LR atty. I have used the stacking batteries for a 6v device and I do see a difference there. More vapor for one thing, but maybe less flavor? Those batteries don't last as long, so I don't use it very much at all. I've been giving it a try again the last couple of days and I do have to say that I'm enjoying it. Right now the batteries are charging, so I'm back to 3.7v for awhile.