Non-Vaping Nicotine

Just a comment about my recent excursion into dry tobacco snuff. I suspect few if any vapers have ever tried this, but I had used dry snuff for a while as a kid and decided to give it a run again as an adult. This is not the snuff you put behind your lip, but sniff up your nose.

It comes in hundreds of flavors (sound familiar? :)), with wild menthol possibilities. I suspect there are health risks using tobacco, so I'm not recommending this to other vapers; I've just been enjoying trying out a lot of different stuff. Like vaping there's a learning curve, and some equipment to accumulate. I've made a couple of snuff spoons and started watching for them on eBay. Snuff spoons are expensive! Because they're mostly antique; snuff is not a modern habit. Snuff boxes are pricey too, and many are not in a form you can carry in a pocket. So I've just stuck with the tins the snuff comes in for now.

My favorite current flavors are all from Wilson's of Sharrow: Apricot, Sandalwood, Chocolate Orange, and Honey Menthol. Wilson's is the only manufacturer I've tried so far but expect I'll branch out more in the coming months. Sniffing has replaced vaping to a pretty significant degree; it's probably 1/3 of my nicotine intake now.

Because of the tobacco in my sinuses, I think I'm going to take up sinus washing too, just to keep things cleared up. I haven't found any examples of cancer related to dry snuff, but there are warnings all over the place. This experiment is really just me messing around, and it's been pretty fun so far.

You are talking about the stuff that you see in the old movies right?

Doesn't it make you sneeze? a lot?? I've never tried it or chew too much for that matter. But I'm sure that if there's a health risk to it you'll hear about it soon enough. Amazing how stuff that has been around for years is just recently being shown as a health risk. But don't buy e-cigs...they're bad for you! :veryangry:

You are talking about the stuff that you see in the old movies right?

Doesn't it make you sneeze? a lot?? I've never tried it or chew too much for that matter. But I'm sure that if there's a health risk to it you'll hear about it soon enough. Amazing how stuff that has been around for years is just recently being shown as a health risk. But don't buy e-cigs...they're bad for you! :veryangry:

Yeah, the stuff that makes you sneeze, though I haven't had that reaction. I have gotten way too much though, and cried like a baby! :D

I'm with you man, it's ludicrous to attack ecigs when all the alternatives will kill you...