Safe Way To Clean Up Atty's?

QuiksilverPR

Hi, the more experienced will chime in here with suggestions, and there are videos on cleaning attys. I started cleaning attys only after they got pretty gunked-up although still producing good vapor. All I do is run them under a hot faucet and then drop them in a pan of boiling water for a couple of minutes. Now I try to clean them every couple of weeks. Good luck!

Sorry, I don't know about using the alcohol. I have never tried it. I cleaned 5 of mine last week. I took a pan and boiled H2O and vinegar. I dropped them in for ten minutes. Afterwards, I blew them out to get rid of the excess water and then let them dry overnight. They turned out pretty good. I was just trying to get rid of some lingering juice flavor that was not so good and this did the trick.

I wouldn't use rubbing alcohol as it is inhibited.Which is a fancy way of saying poisened to prevent consumption.If you do use it make sure to rinse well.I use denture tabs and then rinse several times with hot water from my coffee maker.Some use Everclear or Vodka.

Yeah if you want to go an alcohol route I would use vodka, it works, I also use keyboard cleaner (air in a can) spraying it in the end with threads and putting a paper towel in the other end, seems like that gets alot out in a fast way to clean them.

The best way I found as someone else has suggested is to just blow as much juice into a paper towel (out the connector end) & fill it with fresh juice.

Also I try not to mix to many different flavors in the Attys.

I try to keep them in families. I.E. Choclates, Menthols, Tobaccos, etc. seperate from each other.

I wouldn't use alcohol in my Atty's. It would be like washing out my coffee pot with soap.

It gets it clean but doesn't taste to good. :-)

Frank

The best way I found as someone else has suggested is to just blow as much juice into a paper towel (out the connector end) & fill it with fresh juice.

Also I try not to mix to many different flavors in the Attys.

I try to keep them in families. I.E. Choclates, Menthols, Tobaccos, etc. seperate from each other.

I wouldn't use alcohol in my Atty's. It would be like washing out my coffee pot with soap.

It gets it clean but doesn't taste to good. :-)

Frank

That said method is my only way of keeping my atties clean as a whistle! If you're in a mixing mood, use dif attys for your concoctions

Thanks to all. I did mixed lost of flavors so yeah... big no no! to bad i learn it the hard way. warm water and letting them dry over night is doing a great job. Also the paper towel method work good when i just want to switch flavor real quick!!!!

• 4 weeks later...