Joker Av Which Atty To Get?

madhatter7750

I currently have an eGo and am looking to get the Joker AV. Which atty attachment should I get? Is the 801 better than the 510 for higher voltages? The vprlife website says the 801 is a better vapor producer at higher voltages (in their Hints & Tricks section). Since I am dropping $130 I want to get this right the first time. If I do go with the 801 threading I plan to purchase an 801 to 510 adapter, so I can use the surplus of 510 stuff I have. The other reason I am leaning toward the 801 threading, is that I am hoping with an 801 to 510 adapter I will have enough clearance to put an eGo XL atomizer on the Joker unit. I love the eGo XL atomizers, they hold enough juice in their carts to behave like cartomizers and produce great flavor. The outer sleeve of the eGo XL hangs down over the threads about 1/4" to 5/16" past the end, so I have my doubts about ever being able to use one on a Joker.

In a nutshell if anyone has experience with the both the 801 and 510, I would love to hear your opinions.

Thanks

I think this is going to be a matter of personal preference. When I first started at 5V I preferred the 801, but eventually came back to the 510. I use the 510 5 and 6V on the Joker and Silver Bullet. I occasionally go back to the 801, but not for long.

As for the XL attys, you may be able to trim off that plastic overhang. I aked that question about the mega eGo cartomizers and was told by a supplier that it could easily be trimmed off.

Edited by Brian

Thanks for the replies. Seems the sites I buy from have very little 801 stuff and a lot more 510. I will probably go with the 510 threads just for ease of parts. I can trim the eGO XL cartos, but the Atomizers are stainless. Since the eGo will be my carry vaper and the Joker will be used primarily at home the eGo XL atomizers won't be a real deciding factor.