Joye Ego Cartomizers

You can move this to the noob section if you so please.

Well after watching me vape away on my Esmoke for 7 days now and seeing that it actually worked(she was very skeptical)my girlfriend has decided to try the ecig to quit! :):):)

Sooooo...even though I love my esmoke, out of all the looks like a cigarette companies I have seen I feel this one actually works well, I have decided to go for the Joye Ego from the vapor talk store. I'm still skeptical to the idea of the 3 piece unit, now while I know this set up is great for dripping(which is all I will be using the atomizer set up for)I still think I would prefer a cartomizer set up for when I am at work, at the bar, driving, ect ect ect.

I had done a little searching without many results. I was just wondering what adapter, what cartos, or what other products I would need to make the Joye Ego cartomizer compatable. I'm new so bear with me, still don't completely know all the differences between 801, 901, 510 ect ect ect so including links to what I would need to purchase(I am buying from the vapor talk store so that would be helpful).

Once again feel free to move this to the noob forum, I'm just over my 5 post limit in there :)

Thanks in advance. I would like to order today btw so I better see some replies when I get home in an hour!!! j/k

~Zach

to make it even easier

these have no liquid (fill them yourself) http://www.vaportalkstore.com/products/5-Pack-of-510-Cartomizers.html

these are prefilled liquid ones http://www.vaportalkstore.com/products/VT-Classic-Cartomizers.html

prefilled come in tobacco and menthol only, from 24mg to 16mg.

unless you love tobacco or menthol. i would snag the "blanks" (no liquid ones) and some bottles of juice.

sweet dawn is all i have tried from VT but it taste good to me. sort of like a pear with honey.

What's up bobthesalesclerk? You don't need any special adapter for your eGO to use cartomizers or atomizers. Just buy 510 of either of those and they will work no problem. I was also kind of confused about all of the numbers too. From my experience, 801, 901, and 510 are different atomizers. I think the differences are not night and day, but you can't just use any of them on your e-cig without an adapter. Most people like 510's which is what the eGO already is. If you wanted to put a 901 atomizer on it, you would have to get a 510 to 901 adapter to do so. But if you just stick with 510 which is standard on the eGO, you don't need any extra stuff to make them work. The Vapor Talk store has both atomizers and cartomizers. If you like a traditional 2 piece, you can just go with a cartomizer. That has the atty built into the cart so you just have that piece and the battery.

So I can just screw the carto straight onto the battery with the ego? Will the cone fit over it in this set up or would I need some kind of special tip to do this?

the cone does fit over the carto but I found that gave me a really tight draw. I prefer to use them on the ego without the cover. It will work fine without it. Try it both ways and use what you like better.

Filling them is very easy, I would suggest watching this video which discusses all of the popular filling methods in addition to a detailed description of what they are and finally a mention about cleaning them.

part 2

Edited by Burn

the cone does fit over the carto but I found that gave me a really tight draw. I prefer to use them on the ego without the cover. It will work fine without it. Try it both ways and use what you like better.

Filling them is very easy, I would suggest watching this video which discusses all of the popular filling methods in addition to a detailed description of what they are and finally a mention about cleaning them.

part 2

I've already gone through watching all the care/maintenence/refilling videos(and done it a few times already as well). Thanks for the heads up everybody. I had my questions answered.

Wait sorry...one more question. Just a little bit confused here.

So everyone on here is saying a standard 510 carto will work with the ego battery with the cone in place. I have noticed that the atty/cartridge combo seems to be much longer than a standard 510 cartomizer. Is this true and if so do I have to use some sort of mouthpiece with the carto when connected to the ego battery so that I can still vape on it with the cone attached?

Wait sorry...one more question. Just a little bit confused here.

So everyone on here is saying a standard 510 carto will work with the ego battery with the cone in place. I have noticed that the atty/cartridge combo seems to be much longer than a standard 510 cartomizer. Is this true and if so do I have to use some sort of mouthpiece with the carto when connected to the ego battery so that I can still vape on it with the cone attached?

No a extension is not necessary but it is shorter and if you have a tight draw dont use the cone.I bent one open some more and it works fine just have to use care not get to the cone while taking a draw.

Have you seen the Ego mega cartomizers that you fill with 2.2 mls and last all of or most of the day.These work pretty well but are trickier to fill.I got mine from Wordup ecigs and it came with a syringe to fill it with.these cost $3-4 a carto blank but most of mine last 5-8 days.These are NOT the mega atomizer and cartridge that is also available that is similar.Good info on all these EGO/Tornado carts is available at Totaly wicked's web site.

No a extension is not necessary but it is shorter and if you have a tight draw dont use the cone.I bent one open some more and it works fine just have to use care not get to the cone while taking a draw.

Have you seen the Ego mega cartomizers that you fill with 2.2 mls and last all of or most of the day.These work pretty well but are trickier to fill.I got mine from Wordup ecigs and it came with a syringe to fill it with.these cost $3-4 a carto blank but most of mine last 5-8 days.These are NOT the mega atomizer and cartridge that is also available that is similar.Good info on all these EGO/Tornado carts is available at Totaly wicked's web site.

I just watched a video on this. Since it is shorter you can just remove the rubber ring from the 510 cart and throw a drip tip on and vape with the ego. It looks stylish as hell and you don't have to worry about your draw being any less.

I just ordered 1 ego starter kit, 2 low resistance attys, 2 drip tips, and a 5 pack of 510 carts from vapor galaxy. I was going to go with vapor talk but I wanted to get all of my shopping done(only thing not in VT store was the drip tips)with one payment.

Thanks for all the help everyone! I will be giving my esmokes to the girlfriend and using the joye ego as my everyday device. If she doesn't like the e-cig for any reason then I will still have a really great back up for those times in between replacing attys/carts/batteries when I don't want to go back to analogs. Once again thank you so much everyone!

I have spent a little to much money this week vaping(I'm out about $300 already)but I would spend $1000s to give up analogs for good which I'm 99% sure is what is going to happen using e-cigs.

Great choice and Luke from VG is a great guy. I put another order in with him today. thumbsup.gif

Yeah I just got off the phone with him. I put my order in tonight and he said it should be here on Tuesday! Really nice guy to talk to on the forums. Called him and left a message and he called back within 5 minutes. Really helpful. Can't wait to get my ego.

~Zach

Great choice! I think you are going to absolutely love that eGO. I rock mine with a LR atty and a twisted drip tip from nHaler and it looks sweet. Not very big either. Let us know how you like it when it comes. :thumbsup:

Great choice! I think you are going to absolutely love that eGO. I rock mine with a LR atty and a twisted drip tip from nHaler and it looks sweet. Not very big either. Let us know how you like it when it comes. :thumbsup:

Trust me I will...in great detail lol. It should be in Wednesday and i can't wait.

Edited by jeffb
Admin Edit