Coughing

pepper

i have been vaping for a month or so and i have to ease into vaping during different parts of the day.

first thing in the morning

after eating

after working out

vaping at those times can and does make me cough and i have to ease into it.

I dont cough at any other time (ie middle of the night etc), i think it just the TH.

not sure why.....i am currently doing either 24 or 18mg liquids which favor VG, this week gonna try 12mg PG favored liquid....

yea -- the 18 and 24 my wife says make here dizzy so i am waiting on a few small bottles of 12mg and went the other side to pg. we were doing 60v/40p but will try 80p/20v just to see what the difference is.

That was entirely my fault in the other thread for hijacking. I know many folks use different levels during the day, if you can get by with 12, and save the higher ones for the tough times that might help. If you can just do 12 that'd be good too. Sometimes its tough to tell if you're getting enough nic 9addiction wise) as withdrawal symptoms usually take a little time to show up (for me at least). Cartos hold a lot of juice and are a lot cooler than regular attys so if its the heat that would help there. Try one thing at a time and see what helps.

What kind of setup do you have now and what did you smoke? I'm asking because I find tobacco light smokers (non-menthol) almost invariably cough, at least at first, when subjected to 18 or 24. 11-12 seems more managable to them I have found.

i started with an ego and now i am using a wet box (wife is on the ego), gonna pick up a vypr510 in a few days as a household extra/backup ( i like the 14500 batts at this point)

switched to cartos for mgmt reasons (happy about the switch), tried a few types, one seemed to get hot (it was advertised as 3.2 ohm so i dont know why) just order more of the ones that seemed best.

as stated i am switching up the juice a bit. first to bring down the nic to 12 for my wife (call me an addict but i do like the buzzzz, but it makes her dizzy) I used to smoke ultralights or lights and would do so constantly, easily 1..5 - 2pks a day. cuz we vape all day long the idea is vaping lower mg will sort it out.

i am also switching to a more pg dominant mix just to see if the flavor improves at all.

I have noticed when I put my ecig down for awhile that when I pick it up it feels stronger. Maybe you're going through something like that while your lungs are still trying to get used to vaping.

this may be the case as well, there is a learning curve and when i think i have something down i learn more that i have more to learn.

switching from analog to vaping is a bit discombobulating.......off of tobacco, still on nic, often more nic, often vaping more than smoking, things are better, not quite in outerspace like quitting tobacco btu still in outerspace from increased vape/nic. canker sores from vaping or quitting analog? sleeping better or sleeping worse? coughing in a good way (ie clearing) or dry coughing side effect of vaping, mucsles aching or just pumped - is that from quitting or vaping or just being healthier and responding to workouts better, then all the equipment and juice options/factors. whew it can be a bit disorienting.....lol

this may be the case as well, there is a learning curve and when i think i have something down i learn more that i have more to learn.

switching from analog to vaping is a bit discombobulating.......off of tobacco, still on nic, often more nic, often vaping more than smoking, things are better, not quite in outerspace like quitting tobacco btu still in outerspace from increased vape/nic. canker sores from vaping or quitting analog? sleeping better or sleeping worse? coughing in a good way (ie clearing) or dry coughing side effect of vaping, mucsles aching or just pumped - is that from quitting or vaping or just being healthier and responding to workouts better, then all the equipment and juice options/factors. whew it can be a bit disorienting.....lol

Going from smoke to vapor causes so many changes in your body that it feels like puberty all over again. It takes time but your body will adjust to the vapor ,you will adjust the vapor to your body, and in no time you will start to feel healthier.

It really does get much, much better !!!

The canker sores can be from the liquid--if you get some in your mouth or on your lips--swish your mouth with what ever liquid is handy.

I found drinking more water helped all the above--sore, coughing, dry throat etc.

There are so many variable to experiment with--lower nic level and PG vs VG is the best place to start.

And, keep a water bottle handy......

I am glad you two are really getting the hang of things.

after a year I can tell you--there is always something new to learn (or buy) !!!

i saw some really strong changes very fast.

I was able to get up in the morning and feel rested for the most part.

better clarity, maybe too much....lol

felt i had a lot more energy overall.

this past weekend though i was at the pool with the kids and i just felt like my body was stiff (not sore) and tired, everything was "heavy"

i am figuring what you are saying is true and that over time it all sorts out and at different times for diffferent ppl........

im not down on anything, in fact very happy and proud of myself to have quit tobacco

I'm always glad when somebody is leaving smoking behind !!!

For the first 2 weeks after I quit smoking I felt like I was in a cloud--very fuzzy around the edges. I also noticed my muscles felt like I had been working out. (trust me--that wasn't the cause).

during the entire withdrawal phase, I didn't crave a cigarette, so that tells me--vaping really is the thing for me.

You will have to let us know if the PG/VG makes a difference.

With me, I order the strongest nic possible and just keep a bottle of PG and VG nearby, that way if its making me cough I just dilute it. It's cheaper that way, since you order a lot less juice. :) Then I also have the stronger stuff for when I'm super stressed. Hope that helps a bit, but any way you go, I hope you and your wife find the perfect vape. Good luck! :)

I am glad the lower nic liquid is helping !!! thumbsup.gif

Flavor is harder. it is the only reason I got into DIY. I just started by using 5ml bottles, putting my favorite current liquid into it and adding flavor until it was strong enough for me.

I have no problem tasting food......but the liquids just don't come through for me.

so if i buy blueberry liquid from vendor A and it is not strong enough, you are saying just get some flavor and add it in?

a few places sell just the flavor i have notice diyliquid and freedomsmokeusa come to mind.

cant you also buy flavor at michaels or something?

Yes, Yes and Yes

Freedom smoke USA--flavour art. italian based food flavoring. I have used them for quite a while and really like the flavoring. my favorite is tiramisu and apple pie. DIY Flavorshack--great flavors and great service. I have just recently tried them. Michaels or any craft store that has a baking isle. Lorann flavorings are very strong and work great. just avoid anything oil based. you can also order from their site. tons of flavors. item description will tell you if its water or oil soluable. Yes, its that easy. Just add flavoring a bit at a time until desired flavor. i.e. 5ml liquid with about .5ml flavoring is fairly strong--but can always add more if needed.I started with the premixed liquids and have just worked my way up through experimenting. if you get stuck, just let us know.

Edited by kitsune