Strange Atty

Kragax

I just cracked open a new atty. Blew it out, primed it and got ready to enjoy, meh. This one is strange, medium throat hit, but no exhale vapor to speak of. Then just as it starts to get the burnt (make ya sneeze) taste it vapes like a b*t*h. I blew it out and cleaned it again, no change. Cleaned out an old one and back in business but, any ideas on this one? Never had a brand new one act up. :detective:

I have had a couple that seemed to need a bit more breaking in than others, Just wouldn't give much vapor--then after a few days worked great. then again I've had a couple that never seemed to work right.

no good answers... sorryno.gif

Ya, I doubt there is going to be a solid reason as to why this is happening. It's most likely just a defective atomizer; The coils may not be connected correctly. I would contact the supplier and let them you received a DOA atomizer.

I got a brand new LR 901 atty yesterday and it lasted all of 2 puffs! I have had a couple of LR 510's that perform like champs. Guess I will stick with 510's. Good luck with your atty's Kragax.

I've been vaping a month now. I was the atty problem queen up til a week ago when I found this advice. I reposted it here, but will type it out.

When you get a new atty or clean it, here's what you do. Blow threw it on both sides. Put 10 drops of liquid you are going use into the atty. Let it sit metal side up for 10 minutes. Then you are good to go. Helped me tremendously, I thought I was going nuts receiving dead atty's.

I've been vaping a month now. I was the atty problem queen up til a week ago when I found this advice. I reposted it here, but will type it out.

When you get a new atty or clean it, here's what you do. Blow threw it on both sides. Put 10 drops of liquid you are going use into the atty. Let it sit metal side up for 10 minutes. Then you are good to go. Helped me tremendously, I thought I was going nuts receiving dead atty's.

I have never blown through them like you recommend(I will next time) but I do agree that an excessive amount of juice helps to break in an atty.

I have a very direct approach to breaking in a new atty, because I am not the most patient man and I hate the taste of a new atty. Here's my method, for what it's worth.

First I blow as much of the primer liquid out as I can, and soak it up inside with the corner of a paper towel. When I've done that I drip about five-six drops inside the atty and let it soak in for a minute or two.

Then I hot box the hell out of it until it starts to get warm (no inhaling), and drip five or six more to repeat. Usually by then my atty is good to go.

This does sound like a stubborn one, and Neo probably isn't off the mark suggesting it's DOA. You shouldn't have to suffer with a new atty. Breaking in a new atty is suffering enough when it works properly! :)