Janty Atomizer Warranty

Lily

Hi, Oh my I've been too busy and haven't taken the time to say hi to so many new people who have joined since I began vaping a little over two months ago. I'm still a happy vaping 510 and eGo camper who direct dips, uses cartomizers for long excursions, and I still fill carts from time to time when I'm doing whatever around the apartment!

K, my question is and I tried to research the forum (it IS probably here somewhere, but I haven't found it), and the Janty USA website. There is a six month warranty with a Janty atty. Unless an atty arrives DOA, what does a six-month warranty cover? Aside from the cost of a Janty atty, after a month, mine has become kind of burnty (is that a word?) tasting. I'm pretty sure it's not gunked-up, it just tastes a little crummy. I'm not sure I want to boil it or even run it under hot water. The most I do to any of my 510 attys is blow them out from both ends fairly regularly. The vapor that comes out of my eGo with this same atty is unbelievable. To be honest, I'm not really into performing time consuming tasks with my atty's. It's just more time than I have. Any replies will be helpful. Thanks

I'm not sure about the warranty. But most attys last from a couple of weeks to a couple of months. Just kinda hit and miss with them. a 6 month warranty on atty replacement would be awesome tho. gonna watch this thread to see the answer too!

i have a video on here and it takes all of about 10 minutes maybe. to clean your attomizer and or cartomizers. i hope that helps. that might take some of the nasty taste out. also if you direct drip have you taken the wick out of the atty with the burnt taste? its a little string looking thing in the atty. its usually brown. but that could be causing your burnt taste also. and if you do remove the wick then that is an atty that can only be used for direct dripping. i hope this makes sense and helped you out.

i have a video on here and it takes all of about 10 minutes maybe. to clean your attomizer and or cartomizers. i hope that helps. that might take some of the nasty taste out. also if you direct drip have you taken the wick out of the atty with the burnt taste? its a little string looking thing in the atty. its usually brown. but that could be causing your burnt taste also. and if you do remove the wick then that is an atty that can only be used for direct dripping. i hope this makes sense and helped you out.

I have a feeling that pulling out the wick would void the warranty. Anyway, do you know if pulling out the wick on LR atties has any negative effects? I assume not but it is better to be safe than sorry.

I have a feeling that pulling out the wick would void the warranty. Anyway, do you know if pulling out the wick on LR atties has any negative effects? I assume not but it is better to be safe than sorry.

In my experience,

No it does not have any negative effects ...I de wick ALL my attys. Most of the time the wick (which i think is polyester) is where the burnt taste comes from. If the wick gets too close or touches the coil it melts or burns.

Taking only the wick out of an atty does not render it useless to cartridges. It is only when you remove the Bridge that you are limited to Direct Dripping only.

Edited by ThaHodgehound

I don't think the warranty cover nasty taste just burn outs.And they pretty much just charge you up front for the replacement.I would say clean it or junk it,if you have been using the same atty for a month there is a lot of residue built up in there as 100 percent of the liquid does not get consumed.Janty is very good about warranty claims on things that break during the warranty and I have never had any trouble with them making things right.

In my experience,

No it does not have any negative effects ...I de wick ALL my attys. Most of the time the wick (which i think is polyester) is where the burnt taste comes from. If the wick gets too close or touches the coil it melts or burns.

Taking only the wick out of an atty does not render it useless to cartridges. It is only when you remove the Bridge that you are limited to Direct Dripping only.

I don't use carts and never will so, that isn't a problem. Have you taken out the bridge of LR atties? I have taken it out on standard atties but I haven't done it yet on LR atties because I'm concerned that they would get too hot and burn out.

Hi, thanks for all the feedback here. I think that I've been timid about cleaning attys. Most all of the attys I'm using still produce great vapor, but it's been the burnty taste that well, doesn't taste good. I've run a couple under hot water from the faucet, and I've boiled a couple for a few minutes. That has helped restore them somewhat. I thank benjamin for his video. I'm reluctant to remove the bridge, but I guess I could give one a whirl and see what happens. As I mentioned somewhere I'm still working on not taking a mouthful of juice on direct dip (and drip tips have been recommended). I checked in with Janty USA and the atty warranty covers any Janty atty that dies for whatever reason within a six month period. I agree that you're paying for it up front and then you still have to priority mail it back for the replacement.

I don't use carts and never will so, that isn't a problem. Have you taken out the bridge of LR atties? I have taken it out on standard atties but I haven't done it yet on LR atties because I'm concerned that they would get too hot and burn out.

Nah I have not done it with an LR yet...they work too good! And I think leaving the bridge in helps hold a LIL more juice so you dont drip quite as often.