Dead New Atty's

Seriously Can this really be happening? I got 2 510LR attys yesterday doa. And today I got 7 regular atty's. I've tested 4 total so far, and only 2 attys work.

This is what I'm doing. I put 2 drops liquid on it, and pop a prefilled cartridge on it to prime it. And I'm checking the connection to the battery and making sure it's on right.

Is this common to get dead atty's or am I doing something wrong?

i personally have never had a bad atty but that is because i use cartomizers all the time. i still have the two attys that came with my 510 starter kit. lol. but i use cartomizers all the time now with no problems i always hear about people that get bad attomizers but with cartomizers ive ordered like 20 of them and they all have never been DOA.

Have you tried them on another power source?Different battery of passthrough?That sounds like way too many bad ones at once.

I don't have a meter.

I got 5 of the the standard 510's to work out of the 7. I got these from tastyvapor.

I got one of the LR 510's to work and got it from altsmoke. I only ordered one, and they sent two just in case.

So working with them, I got them to work.

I'm cleaning the other 2 dead standard 510's hoping that they where treated with pg first.

How do I know the one's are LR, where are they marked at? I need make sure these go on the ego.

Here I thought I had DOA 510atty's. I had atty's that I cleaned, had heat but wouldn't vape and thought where dead. And I was putting 2-3 drops in them, and even putting prefilled cartridge on them, and nothing. And then I found this on another forum. It worked like a charm and I had to pass the word.

Whenever you have a brand new atty, or even one that you've freshly cleaned and dried, there are a couple places inside the atty that are absorbent and are completely dry right now. For a new atty, there is a shipping primer (the stuff that makes the "break in period" taste bad). So blow that shipping primer out as best you can from both ends of the atty. Next you'll want to take some of the juice you plan on vaping and drip 10 drops into the atty. This will completely flood the atty, which is a good thing in this case. Let that sit on a paper towel threads down for like 10 min. This will allow the juice to completely soak into every part of the atty. When the 10 min is up, most of the excess juice will have drained out of the atty. If you want you can LIGHTLY blow from the cart side of the atty to get a little more juice out. Not too hard tho, or you'll be blowing away the perfect vape that's about to happen. Most of the time I just throw it on a battery and go for it without any blowing. Now just sit back and enjoy your brand new atty that you just "broke in" in 10 min.

It makes alot of sense though. I broke out a LR 510, brand new, and dripped like 4 drops in it. Well, on the 2nd drag I got that HORRID burning metal taste that we all know too well. I really think that they need to be soaked good in juice like they said. I ended up having to drop 4 or 5 more drops into it, after the first 4, before it finally started hitting right. Still not nearly as satisfying as a carto at 4.5 volts though... not even close! :thumbsup:

I got a new LR 901 atty the other day for my screwdriver mkII and it lasted all of 2 hits before taking a dump. I have a couple of LR 510 attys that have been vapin' like champs for 3 weeks now. I love 'em. :thumbsup:

It makes alot of sense though. I broke out a LR 510, brand new, and dripped like 4 drops in it. Well, on the 2nd drag I got that HORRID burning metal taste that we all know too well. I really think that they need to be soaked good in juice like they said. I ended up having to drop 4 or 5 more drops into it, after the first 4, before it finally started hitting right. Still not nearly as satisfying as a carto at 4.5 volts though... not even close! :thumbsup:

Cartomizers rock. My choice from now on. So much easier. No worrying about flooding attys. No worry's on filling tiny cartridges that go out quickly. Mass flavor, and cartomizers can last. Woot to cartomizers!

I don't have a meter.

I got 5 of the the standard 510's to work out of the 7. I got these from tastyvapor.

I got one of the LR 510's to work and got it from altsmoke. I only ordered one, and they sent two just in case.

So working with them, I got them to work.

I'm cleaning the other 2 dead standard 510's hoping that they where treated with pg first.

How do I know the one's are LR, where are they marked at? I need make sure these go on the ego.

If you look at the VERY VERY bottom of your atty where it screws into your battery you will find LR for low resistance and 0510 for regular etched into the bottom of the atomizer.

I am also having huge problems with the LR attys on the ego. Popped both of them on once, dripped in 3 drops, and after the first hit got that horrible metal taste with both. Popped a few more drops in and same exact thing. They are currently sitting in my ego box to never be used again. I'm stocking up on regular 510 attys tomorrow. It through me off. I used the LR attys first and almost got turned off to dripping all together. Thankfully I got 2 regular 510 attys. Popped the wick and bridge off and have been vaping on them WAY to much. I need to get lower strength juice lol.

Edited by bobthesalesclerk

• 1 month later...

I had a similar problem this morning. I cleaned my atty last night for the first time with running warm tap water. I then let it sit on a paper towel, threads up over night.

This morning, the first 3 drops of liquid gave me next to nothing. I ended up dripping 7-8 drops at once and voila - big ol' burst of flavor and vapor. :thumbsup: