Difference Between Vaping Too Much And Nicotine Withdrawals

eruelas

This is going to be my third week in to vaping, but ever since yesterday I have been feeling a little dizzy, I had a headache yesterday and felt really tired in the afternoon. I also had been experiencing insomnia. Also my throat feels kind a strange, and my tongue is a little numb.

I googled the symptoms and they are booth on nicotine withdrawals and on nicotine OD, so I can't tell what am I experiencing.

I am vaping 12mg, all day long (around one vape every 15 minutes, sometimes more), and last night I stopped vaping around 6pm, and this morning felt almost the same way.

Has someone else had some thing similar happened to them in the beginning?, am I doing something wrong?, I was smoking a pack a day, sometimes a little more, so I do not know how to read the signs of overvaping and nic withdrawals.

Thanks and please let me know what you thing or any experience you have.

Do you know how many ML a day you're using of the 12MG juice? 1/10th the bottles, half the bottle?

To be honest it could also be totally unrelated. To experience symptoms 3 weeks after the switch would be a little strange unless you vaping habits have changed recently.

I think I am vaping 2.5 to 3.5 ml a day, like a 1/4 of a 10 ml bottle, some days I have done 1/3. I also forgot that I have not had any cravings for the real thing or mood swings at all, actually even with all of the symptoms described above I am in a really good mood all day.

Thanks for your reply NeRo9k.

Well your nicotine intake breaks down like this:

2.5-3.5ML of Juice per day - Every 1ML of Juice contains 12MG of nicotine. By that math your current intake is 30 to 42MG of Nicotine per day. One analog cigarette contains 1MG of Nicotine and so forth every pack contains 20MG of Nicotine.

Using the above data, you're receiving a larger amount of nicotine per day than you were before. A lot of people, myself included, vape more than we smoked and while I've never experienced these problems, I know others that have, but it was usually in the beginning(being referred to when they started vaping).

During my first week of vaping I was getting headaches because of the larger intake of nicotine, as I got used to it those symptoms went away. I find it odd that you're having these 'difficulties' now... That's why I would say it's unrelated; but, I'm not in a position to give medical advice so I can't say for certain. Someone else with knowledge on these symptoms may chime in.

Sorry for your troubles!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing discomfort. Glad to hear you're searching for a solution, a remedy. Vaping 12mg shouldn't be a problem, but that doesn't mean it isn't, because we are all built differently. To check the over-nic theory, purchase Zero nic ejuice (a nice non tobacco flavor like apple or cappuchino or whatnot) and try vaping the Zero during your habitual time and reserve the 12mg for your normal crave time. (every 2 hours?? what was your personal cigarette time?). Also, drink lots of water! The water will help with the dry throat from PG, plus a wet whistle produces more vapor.

If your symptoms don't alleviate, then by golly it's probably too low of nicotine for you personally but ... yay!!! You've already cut back on your nicotine and haven't lit up a stinker. Celebrate!!

Hope this helps.

Must drink water with PG, must!!! Also, just for giggles, try VG. Not saying that is the cause as its probably not.

If unfamiliar with VG, ping back and we'll give you a bunch of VG suppliers. I don't want to say this is common but I've seen others post the same. I had a lot of symptoms that went through several weeks with each taking turns and going away. Having said that, you never want to find out something is wrong or its something completely unrelated you need treated. So seeing a doctor wouldn't be the worst thing you could do.

Edited by FTJoe

I had some of those problems and after I switched to a lower nic level they went away.I pretty much vape constantly and I found that before I got off the nic a lot of low nic was way better for me than a lot of high nic.Wouldn't hurt to try.If you have a large stock of high nic get you some no nic of the same flavors and mix it down.

I have to agree with the last few posts about switching to VG based liquids. I cannot use PG, I get a very dry mouth, sore throat, irritablity, coughing and/or clear my throat alot, and yes, I got headaches too. I felt like I needed more from the vape, like not getting the nic I needed.

Just a thought but maybe try VG if you are now using PG.

Good luck. I hope it gets better.

Thanks to all for your advise, I am feeling a little better, but I am vaping a little bit less, I just order a sample pack from VS (it's arriving tomorrow), which to my knowledge is a mix, but I could not find the %, but if anyone could point me to a good VG site it would be appreciated.

Thanks again and I will keep you posted how everything goes.

Thanks to all for your advise, I am feeling a little better, but I am vaping a little bit less, I just order a sample pack from VS (it's arriving tomorrow), which to my knowledge is a mix, but I could not find the %, but if anyone could point me to a good VG site it would be appreciated.

Thanks again and I will keep you posted how everything goes.

You can get VG from Wordupecig.com. You can get a 50/50 mix or pure VG. I buy a 50/50 mix from them and like it. Here is the link to the juice page.

Hey schiz!! How goes it?

Other sites besides wordup are plentiful, vermontvapor is one that comes to mind. Here is a thread that discusses suppliers and many that carry VG. I know one custom mixes, can't remember who.

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/forum/topic/6064-new-e-juice-site-recommendations-please/

It's going. I knew of other sites but I have been so satisfied with wordup that I stick with it and therefore it is all I can recommend.

Well first of all thank you all for your help.

Just an update, I decided to place an all VG order with 6mg (cutting down the nic by half), it will be here until next week, in the meantime, I will try vaping a little less and will stop vaping around 2 hours before I go to bed, that helped last night, but I still do know if what I felt yesterday was even vaping related.

I still have a little sore throat, and little weird feeling in my tongue, but nothing that will stop me from vaping.

I will keep you posted, so if any newbies like me have the same questions, they can find all the info you have shared with me.

Thanks again and best regards to all.

I still have a little sore throat, and little weird feeling in my tongue, but nothing that will stop me from vaping.

That is definitely the PG. That is caused by the coating that forms in your mouth from the PG. I had the same problem and 50% VG solved it. While waiting for your new order gargle something after each time you vape. Sprite works really well. That should take off the coating and help you feel better.

A little update.

It appears that I was definitely vaping too much, on friday I slow down a little, and by Saturday morning I was feeling normal again, yesterday I vaped all day but in a little more controled way, I put the ecig down for a little while, took some puffs and then I paused again, still managed to avoid the cravings for analogs.

Another thing that it could have been the cause of how I felt it was the e-juice, I got some new juice from another vendor on Friday afternoon and that is the only thing I have been vaping since. It has a higher nic level, (I order them before I started feeling weird), but I am going slow. Not sure about the mix on the new e-juice or the old one, could not find the specs on either of the vendors.

I am still waiting for the all vg juice, it is probably going to be here on Thursday, I will let you know how it goes with that, and how different it makes me feel.

Thanks again for all your help.

One more update!

After my post on Sunday everything went ok through out the day, I did not vape heavily at all, but when I went to bed OMG! all hell broke loose.

I felt like I was catching a really bad cold, I had fever, cold sweats, an awful headache, my whole body was numb, was really dizzy, it felt almost like a combination of a bad flu and a hangover. I am not kidding, I though I was OD'ing on nicotine or something, I was rolling on the bed all night long.

In the morning I woke up with the worst headache of my life, I took some aspirins which did nothing at all, so decided to go for the extra-strength pills they gave me for pain when I broke my collar bone and had to get a metal plate inserted. That's the only thing it took it away.

In the afternoon I went to the doctor and told him everything about the ecigs and also told him what I have read about nic od, nic withdrawals, PG and VG reactions, and everything I could remember at that time.

So he checked me and found nothing, no signs of infection, no signs of any kind of OD (because I was feeling really good at the time he saw me), so his conclusion was that I was having late withdrawals, he said that is not real common but it happens, it's like your body is waiting for you to go back to what it was used to, when you don't give it to it, it goes in to a kind of WTF mode. He said that its a price to pay for smoking, some people get it light, others get it worst.

He finally decided to give me a shot of vitamins, he said that I needed something to help the body fight back the damage. Since then I am feeling almost 100%, still have a little sore throat, but that is about it, nights have been good, the doctor still said that I could have some bad days, he said that the damage that you do to your body when you smoke takes some time to heal.

At least he did not ask me to stop the ecigs :D

Thanks for all your help and support guys, I am stil analog free, no matter how bad they want to fight back.

Best regards to all.

Glad you opted to see a doctor, I know that I have a bad habit of self-diagnosis and with the internet I have often diagnosed myself with Anthrax poisoning :detective: when it was really just the flu.

As for all your various juices you can go to any pharmacy or big box drug store and buy USP glycerin and add to your juices. One to cut the strength of PG although obviously it will cut the strength of the nic too!!

good luck in your quest for the perfect combination that suits you.