ECA - Electronic Cigarette Association

For those of you who are interested, the Electronic Cigarette Association (ECA) has started their newsletter, The Daily Digest, offering some good articles on smoking and obviously the electronic cigarette.

Some background on the ECA:

Back in March, 12 suppliers got together in Chicago to form the ECA. Currently, the main goal is to fight for the rights of the ecig to have open supply lines and possible carve-outs in bills like the Waxman bill and the Kennedy bill which are making their way through Congress. Being that this product is so new and as many smokers have found, a great alternative to tobacco cigs, it is kind of a harsh reality to just remove it from the market. Always on the table is the ability of the ECA to work with the FDA so that smokers can have this option as a reality.

To give the ecig a voice on the Hill, Policy Impact www.policyimpact.com has been hired.

Where suppliers are concerned, participating members will be asked not to make any health claims, quit smoking claims etc. Eventually, there will also be a regulatory system for the manufacturers so that suppliers can focus on what they need to and that is customer service and providing good product to consumers.

If you are interested in signing up for the newsletter, please visit www.ecassoc.org and you will see on the right hand side a place to sign up. There is no obligation, just access to news. At the ECA website, you will also find further information as to what the ECA is working towards, a video message from the President of the ECA, Former Congressman Matt Salmon, and a whole lot more.

And if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. While I am not an "official spokesperson" for the ECA, I am very involved and keep a close eye on what is happening so if I don't have an answer, I can certainly get one!