Newbie Having Issues

marcus420

I am new to vaping, got one about a week ago from kingpincigs. I am looking to quit smoking, but do not intend to vape long term (maybe 3 months). My issues are as follows:

1. not getting good hits, not enough to satisfy my cravings and stop using analogs. I'm not sure if it's the atomizer, the carts, or me. I want to know if the PV I have now is OK, or if investing in a new one will help.

2. wondering if all 510 parts from different venders work together.

3. I need better cartridges, not getting much out of mine.

4. looking for a good (preferably american-made) VG juice.

any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

1. What unit do you have?

2. Most 510 parts work with each other, although some are super generic and don't work as good as the OEM Joye and SLB brands.

3. Direct dripping will solve a lot of the problem you're experiencing. Carts aren't a very good option in my opinion. DD is the process of dropping liquid directing onto your atomizer. Instead of the liquid getting wicked from the cart, it bypasses this step - You would need an empty cart.

4. Check out any of the certified suppliers on the site; Some of us carry VG while others do not.

1. What unit do you have?

2. Most 510 parts work with each other, although some are super generic and don't work as good as the OEM Joye and SLB brands.

3. Direct dripping will solve a lot of the problem you're experiencing. Carts aren't a very good option in my opinion. DD is the process of dropping liquid directing onto your atomizer. Instead of the liquid getting wicked from the cart, it bypasses this step - You would need an empty cart.

4. Check out any of the certified suppliers on the site; Some of us carry VG while others do not.

I have the kinkpin 510. didn't know anything about vaping when I got it. Also,I spend alot of time driving and have heard DD and driving don't mix well.

I tried direct dripping once, the atomizer got REALLY hot and I got no vapor.

A good, reliable unit to start with is the eGo/Tornado. You can find the eGo at any number of the suppliers here; the Tornado (same thing) is sold by Totally Wicked. Use it with a low resistance atomizer and you'll be blown away how good vaping can work for you. Also, as Neo suggested, direct dripping is the way to go. There's a video here someplace that shows how to do it. Beats carts hands down in my opinion.

Looks like we were posting at the same time. :) You're right; don't drip and drive. For commuting, a lot of us use a 510 cartomizer, which is a cart and atomizer all rolled into one. Again, most of the suppliers here sell cartos, and they're inexpensive. They work fine on an eGo but really shine at higher voltage, which you'd need a pricier mod for. This might not be the time for high voltage just yet, you'll want to get your feet wet with a more common commercial device before taking that step. I'm not familiar with the model you mentioned, but the eGo is a safe bet. Check them out to see if it's something that might interest you. Good luck!

Edited by ddavelarsen

if you drive alot i would look into getting 510 cartomizers from this site or www.vaporgalaxy.com or www.electronicstix.com. they work great and will give you good flavor and vapor. and www.avejuice.com has great flavors. i recommend C&D its really good. but try anything.

Edited by benjamin1990

It's sounds like you have a 510, but it's probably a knock off and that may your problem. A Joye 510 would be more dependable.

What exactly do you mean by "I need better cartridges, not getting much out of mine"? Are you using the pre-filled cartridges or are you filling your own? Pre-filled carts don't last very long at all. Okay, filling your own doesn't make them last longer either. They have to be refilled quite often - depending on how much you vape. The carts just don't hold all that much juice. Cartomizers hold quite a bit more juice and are great for driving, but I don't care for the vapor they produce either. Plus I think they change the flavor of my juice. That could just be me though.

Apologies for jacking the thread, but I just got the "Medium Resistance" attys from Vapors Etc. Will review at some point in time next week but pretty nice. Good vapor, okay TH. Apologies again but kind of on topic, or at least running along side.

Edited by FTJoe

Apologies for jacking the thread, but I just got the "Medium Resistance" attys from Vapors Etc. Will review at some point in time next week but pretty nice. Good vapor, okay TH. Apologies again but kind of on topic, or at least running along side.

yah but if they have a regular battery you dont want to use a low or meduim res atty. right? and i get so much vapor from a cartomizer. ALOT more than a atty. thats comming from someone who had just a 510 kit for a couple of months and used attys and switched to cartos and did a side by side comparison. and i got way more vapor from the cartomizer than the atty.

Edited by benjamin1990