Vegetable Glycerine = Skin Care.... What?

DarthVapor

Ok, noob here. I've been thinking about dabbling in a little DIY mad scientist liquid making, so I set off to find ingredients. I went to the local health food store to see if they had any VG, and they did. It says Vegetable Glycerine, 100% pure versatile skin care, softens and moisturizes, multi purpose. On the back label it says 100% pure Vegetable Glycerin . Is this the right stuff. I guess you can see I'm not a scientist at all..........just mad ;)

I found two diff versions in Hobby Lobby. One in the soap/wax section and another (thicker) VG in the Baking section. I'm not to sure what the difference was, except the VG in the baking section seemed a tad thicker. I went with the stuff from the baking section. My wife's girlfriend is a pastry chef and tossed me a bottle of pure VG that she scooped up from some bakery supply place. It had the thicker consistency and said USP.

The VG I got from CVS in the skincare section said USP.USP = The United States Pharmacopeia (USP) is an official public standards-setting authority for all prescription and over-the counter medicines and other health ...

Thanks for starting this Darth!!

My bottle says on the back...under drug facts

Active ingredient

Glycerin 99.5% Anhydrous........................skin Protectant

Label just says Glycerin USP Made by Good Neighbor Pharmacy.

it doesnt say anything about being Vegetable. Is it still the same thing??

They probably just label the same thing for various uses. Just a matter of packaging. All I know is that it is used in baking, and yes, it is often used in moisturizers and skin treatments. It draws and locks moisture to the surface of your skin...

Or gives you more vapor production.

Either/or.

:shiftyninja: