It Arrived, Bad Taste And Smell!

I changed the tip and it is again working fine. Whew! Not sure why the other tip didn't work.

Going to watch the video again about dripping as I think I am putting too much....got a mouthful of sweet pina colada just now. Too wet.

yup too wet !!!

you can also use the corner of a papertowel or kleenex--push into the open end of the atomizer and let drain for a few minutes--you'll be surprised how much is in there.

reprime the atty with 2-3 drops and vape.

You will get the hang of this, I promise.

The other tip could be flooded--let drain a bit and see if that helps--sometimes they just need a break and cool down.

very glad you are liking the pina colada--finding the right flavors is half the fun.

backups, backups and backups.

Happy vaping

No analogs at all--I was out when it arrived and just haven't went to buy any more. Been sticking around home so I don't buy a pack out of habit. I heard 3 days to get over smoking analogs and today is the 3rd day.

I am fine with it but do find that I am charging/changing out batteries on the ego alot! At least 3/4 times yesterday. Would overnight charging help this?

Would a 501 with recharging battery pack be better to buy than other supplies? If you were going to spend the day out, what would you take with you? No access to electrical outlet until late at night.

I don't find that I am mixing. I either drip the pina colada with 12mg nicotine OR pina colada without nicotine--about 30/70. It seems to be working for me. I can see myself reducing the nicotine and being happy to "smoke" vape to get my fix.

Are you charging the egos up all the way? Do you have a fast charger? A fast charger (I think rated at 400-500mah on the back) should charge it up in an hour and a half. Results may vary if off a computer. I usually use a wall charger (AC plug with a USB connection). The ego lasts 6 hours for a heavy vapor I am told.

I only vape moderately and the ego seems to last me most of the day. heavier usage means more charging time. A 510 would probably last only an hour or so, but with a PCC you could always have one on charge.

Over all the ego is a better battery with longer life between charges.

I would take 4 ego batts with me and a couple extra atomizers.....

I will have to leave the 5v mod information to others as to wheather or not their battery life is better or not.

BTW--Congrats on not smoking !!!! you aren't out of the woods yet, but the trees are smaller....thumbsup.gif

It is a wall charger and the first time I charged it up, the light turned green after a short time. Now it is hours and the light is still red? So it isn't a complete charge but for some reason it is not charging all the way now.

I am not using the USB as the cord is way too short.

I am not using it for 6 hours straight but off and on. But that does sound about right. It works for 6 hours (not in use constantly) and then starts blinking fast and stops working. So maybe it is working right. I was expecting it to last half a day.From what I read, people go a full work day with it which would be 8 hours? That is what I liked about the ego, long battery life.

Yes I am doing fine AT home, just hope I do fine not smoking out of the house too! I have a plan...no convenience stores and pay at the pump only!

I have only had my Ego for a short time, so am by no means an expert. but it seems to me that it should last a bit longer than that.

Where did you get yours from??

hopefully somebody with more knowledge will be along soon.

mine usually takes a couple hours to charge after I drain it completely.....

work 12 hour shifts and Mine so far has lasted at least that long. take about 3-6 draws per hour (give or take).....

Overall it sounds to me like you're doing great, getting the hang of this right quick.

The eGo battery lasts the avg vaporer 8 hrs. When the battery gets older it'll lose it's 8 hrs and go to a 5 hr avg... and then sometimes go back to 8! When first starting ecigs the noobie isn't taking as long of a draw or as often of a draw and it will easily last 12-16 hrs.

With that said... it leads me to believe that either you are already past the newbie quick draw stage and into the longer and oftener draws... or your battery might be a dud... or your charger or wall socket might need replacement. On the eGo charger, it should take 2 hrs to charge... some get 1 1/2 hrs and some get 2 1/2 hrs, but it usually avgs 2 hrs to charge.

Don't screw the battery into the charger socket doodad tightly.. just snug. Same with the atty onto the battery, just snug not tight. Tight will depress the coil spring connection... and make it not work as good. The tech savvy here in the forum can help you with that if that is a problem... something about a paperclip and a lift...? lol..

I love how you're doing your juice mg!! (and flavor too btw, I love a good Pina Colada ejuice!). Good for you and also a big hoooo rah! for not buying analogs!! You rock!!!

I watched the how-to videos and learned about longer draws.

I was/am a chain smoker. So I may chain vape for an hour and then sit it down for 2 hours. I am vaping less than I ever smoked analogs b/c analogs would burn up.

I'll h ave to pay more attention to exactly how long the battery lasts. I didn't expect to be charging it 3/4 times a day but haven't been keeping up with it exactly.

It does look like I will need to buy a couple more batteries before any trips! Thanks!

I tried about 50 flavors and I maybe like 5-10. It's a learning process, once you find your all day vape, you're really going to enjoy the products a lot more!

There's another discussion going on about charging. Can you read what the mah is on the charger you are using? If 200mah or less it will definitely take a while to charge, I think the ego charger is more like 450mah and then it only takes 1.5 - 2 hours to charge. Try one overnight to see if its green in the morning.

The first time it charged within 2 hours and the light turned green. After that, the light has never turned green. I bought from vaporpro.com and emailed them today about it. Today I was out and about and it was not good! The charge only lasted 20 minutes and I spent a few hours with my cravings until I could get home and recharge.

It is a regular eGo battery that came with it. Looks like 450 mah but the writing is so teeny, I am not sure.

I have been afraid of leaving it all night to charge in case of fire. So just switching, when one battery is dead, recharging it and switching to the battery that was on the charger. Even if I bought 4 batteries, how would I charge them all and be vaping....not feasible with the short time each one lasts!

So I need a car charger and a passthrough? for home for an eGo. I have read some dangers to a home computer using a passthrough so what do I need to purchase instead? So many abbreviations that I am lost. I read something else can be used to power a passthrough instead of using a computer. And I am confused by which car charger will work for an eGo---I don't have a USB connection in the car.

I ran across a pack of analogs in the car and lit one...it tasted awful!!! So I gave them away and am officially good with not smoking! The tobacco taste was disgusting after pina colada vapor!

First you should be fine overnight. Charging should stop when its charged. The ego battery is 650mah but I'd like to know what it says on your charger. Some are 150mah, 200, 400, 450, etc. I think that determines how quickly the ego will charge. Should look something like this:

http://www.madvapes.com/510-USB-Charger-_p_2427.html

The 0.2 amps is the same as 200mah.

While you're there on madvapes, I believe you can also check out car and house adapters that are suitable for 5V passthrus.

http://www.madvapes.com/USB-Chargers_c_16.html

Usually the 3.7V passthrus are actually powered by a 3.7V battery, so they can be plugged into any USB port. The USB is there to charge the battery, the battery powers the passthru. I think you can still use it even when not plugged in. There are also passthrus that run at 5V and have no battery. These need decent power, so many laptops just can't drive them as they don't have enough power. Hence the wall and car adapters I pointed to you above. I don't think there is anything dangerous, just won't work very well.