Junk Browsers.. Every Last One Of Them.

not that it matters but i'm on mandriva (linux for the ones that dont know).

in windows FF crashed.. more than it loaded a page. i seriously would hold my finger over the quick open once i clicked a link or bookmark to open back up firefox. same thing in linux.

chrome is crazy slow.. and how does such a small web client perform so dysfunctional with flash?

opera the fastest browser in the world.. so they say.. loading pages is about as slow as running windows vista on an atari. maybe they mean the application is fast. i'll give it that.

why is it such a complicated task to have a dependable browser with flash, pulling up pages and application speed. if you could fuse the three, you would have something worth using.

i didn't include IE because, well, who would.

Internet explorer is THE worst browser in the world. I use Chrome for anything video/flash. I've never tried FireFox, but when I get my dream Mac someday...I plan on giving it a shot

I do agree that Mac is expensive, but I do have a discount to get a Macbook for less than $50 than what its worth. Still, I am aiming for one since they're a better improvement than my crappy netbook. I have an Asus Eee PC

yeah netbooks aren't for anything other than being able to check email and surf.

i love asus!

would kill to have an asus with an i7 and around 4-6gb of ram with dedicated ram for the gpu.

I honestly like Asus, seeing how good it is, but nothing can stop me from my desire of owning a Macbook! Sadly, my old Dell Inspiron 1501 is now with my brother, being used to torrent stuff. I had to buy this netbook since it was the cheapest they had on stock...and my moms was too cheap to help me get a Mac. *sighs* Looks like I'll be saving one for Christmas then

I used to love Opera until it gave me serious problems with youtube and some others sites. This was in the early days when fixes weren't readily available. I ended up switching to FF; but, I was reluctant as I try to stay away from products that everyone else likes. Since then I've fallen in love with FF. I believe it's truly the greatest browser we've seen. Although, it does crash sometimes and every time a new 'patch/update' comes out one of my add ons stops working and I can't find a decent replacement.

I remember the old Netscape days, I thought that was the coolest thing ever, I guess that's just when the internet was becoming more mainstream though.

Google Chrome is amazing fast until it hangs and crashes... and then it won't work until I've rebooted a few times. note: not one, but a few times.

FF is steady, middle of the road for me. It hardly ever crashes, it's just a nice world traveler for me. Unless I crashed in GC earlier.. then it hangs if it even goes.

IE.. you've covered that lol.

But this past month or maybe even 2 months, it's been awful with all browsers. Cannot connect to server issues on all of them. Connection was lost. All of the dreaded notices are happening way too often.

Refresh refresh refresh...

and then our provider jumps for joy because we've exceeded the limit and have to pay more.

Conspiracy theory lol.

I hope it's not some wicked virus out there in wonderland causing all this stuttering.

I used to get those all of the time. Heck, I still have a bunch of laying around in old boxes of computer stuff. Those were the days, using AOL free disks to search Doom codes.

Funny...how computers can be an efficient machine to man, yet it can't do EVERYTHING we want it to do...like stop crashing or playing MMORPGs better without lag

• 4 weeks later...

i use chrome all the time with no problems. never has it crashed on me and plays videos great actually does everything great. only thing i have thats wrong is my parents terrible internet. its so slow! but i have a Compaq Evo N620c and i love this computer it is so fast and i can start it up and be on the internet in less than 30 seconds. i love it.

Not intended as an insult just a thought.My son is usung Ubuntu and is constantly having to wipe his drive and reload so it may be a Linux thing .Or just that folks who are inclined to use Linux based OS mess around trying to improve things until they get to a point of no return.

Not intended as an insult just a thought.My son is usung Ubuntu and is constantly having to wipe his drive and reload so it may be a Linux thing .Or just that folks who are inclined to use Linux based OS mess around trying to improve things until they get to a point of no return.

It's not so much linux it is mainly Ubuntu. You need a pretty beastly computer to run Ubuntu...kind of a resource hog.

just installed Chrome to see how it compares to FF.....I like the looks of it so far! Not so busy at the top of the screen so, I can see more!

Let me know how it works for ya and maybe I'll have to switch from ie8.