Janty portable charger casing

Hmmm, this is pretty cool. So far I have found it a little clumsy packing around the charger and spare carts and battery. Someone on youtube showed a way to convert an Altoids tin to use as a case, but this is more to my liking. Be sure to check out Parked's vid on youtube.

Here are the details from Janty site. This is designed for Janty Dura or MiniFogger.

JANTY™ PCC Features

No need to carry chargers and cables around when you travel! This portable charger casing will charge up to 4 DURA or Mini Fogger batteries autonomous before you need to recharge the internal 1080mBH portable battery!

The internal structure comprises of a rechargeable lithium-ion battery 1080mBH and a standard USB charger interface for which you can buy a standard "usb to computer" cable in your local shop. The casing is conceived to carry and charge 1 Dura or Mini Fogger battery, 1 Dura atomizer and 2 Dura cartridges.

3 LED lights are built into the casing, from top to bottom named A-B-C.

C: red green bi-color indicating LED light.

A and B: red color indicating LED light.

Function:

1. When the casing is charged with an external power adaptor (output requires USB interface) or USB interface via the computer and the input is 5.0v, light C will show the corresponding state.

2. When the 1080mBH battery is charging, light C turns red. When the 1080mBH battery is fully charged, light C turns from red into green and the charging process is complete. Now your Dura or Mini Fogger battery can be charged. When you disconnect the external power adapter or the computer, light C will dim.

Note: Charging the casing 1080mBH battery takes about 4 hours.

When the voltage of the 1080mBH battery is down to 3.3V, LED B will turn red, indicating the battery needs to be recharged. At the end of the charging cycle LED A dims.

When the 1080mBH battery’s voltage is too low, LED B and C both turn red. LED dims automatically when the voltage of the 1080mBH battery’s charge reaches 3.3V. When the voltage reaches 4.2v, LED C turns green.

When you charge the DURA or Mini Fogger battery using the portable charger casing, the casing will measure the Dura or Mini Fogger battery voltage. In case the voltage is lower than 4.0v, within 8 seconds LED A will turn red indicating that it is being charged. The LED dims when the battery is fully charged.

How to check if the battery is fully charged at + 4.0v voltage?

LED A will dim when you open and close the casing.

How can you tell the status of the portable charger casing is idle?

When you close the casing, LED A dims.

What should you do when the voltage of your DURA or Mini Fogger battery is lower than 4.0v and LED A does not turn red within 8 seconds?

Clean the inner side of the casing and contacts with purified alcohol.

A fully charged portable charger casing can fully recharge 4 Dura or Mini Fogger batteries.

$34.95

• 1 year later...

I just tote around five 801 batteries and a 15 ml bottle of juice in an old plastic flip top cigg case I used to put my rollies in.I have two chargers at home to revive the dead soldiers.The Janty Dura is a 510 by the way.

Edited by mcquinn