Heating And Damaging Atomizer

vandyke

So, SOMEWHERE I saw some warning about not taking too many hits off the atomizer in a given time period, that it needs to cool down or it can be damaged.

I've definitely noticed the e-cigs getting rather warm when I activate it a bunch, and I'm worried about damaging it.

How real a problem is this? Can you really damage the atomizer or battery by using it too much, too quickly?

I'm still trying to get used to this longer drag thing, I don't want to overdo it and damage anything...

It all depends really how much you are using it. i used mine alot when i first got it. and it got really really really hot. i could not even put it to my lips but ive still got that atomizer. so im sure it can hurt it but its got to be none stop vaping. or if it gets activated in your pocket and you dont notice it till you get burnt. then it will ruin it. you will get a burnt flavor from it.

• 4 weeks later...

It all depends really how much you are using it. i used mine alot when i first got it. and it got really really really hot. i could not even put it to my lips but ive still got that atomizer. so im sure it can hurt it but its got to be none stop vaping. or if it gets activated in your pocket and you dont notice it till you get burnt. then it will ruin it. you will get a burnt flavor from it.

Mine burn out faster when I let them stay hot, so I think its true. I went through 4 atty's in a month when I was stressed. :P

the atty has a coil under the bridge (the metal you can see inside the atty). this coil has a wick and that can burn if it is not containing liquid. sure you have tasted that before when your cart or drips ran out.

the only other problem would be that under that coil where the pos (+) and neg (-) terminals go to the threads and middle conductors has a plastic base inside that area.

if this area were to melt then the hole you suck air threw that pulls air from the bottom can get sealed.

in the picture provided you can see this plastic and how it got warped.

post-3037-041731800 1278027691_thumb.jpg

post-3037-041731800 1278027691_thumb.jpg

I would think it would be more of a battery issue.If you get the atty too hot the liquid will taste burnt .If you are dripping you will be cooling things down.I suppose if you use carts they will melt and get a crust that impedes the liquid transfer.

I really do think letting the atty's cool is a huge key to making them last. they really do get very, very hot when I vape alot. I now make sure I use more than one device when I am vaping heavily. my attys are lasing longer these days.....

I tend to burn out attys sometimes when either bored or stressed, which is my main cause of burnt out attys when vaping. However, it's always good to let them cool off. Plus, if you have an automatic battery than can be a problem if you're outside on a windy day