Cartomizers Vs Cartridges

vandyke

Ok, I assume this topic has been over and over to death. But I tried a forum search and, honestly, the search terms involved are difficult.

So, what the hell, I'll start a new post in noobies. It'll help towards my first five except I've apparently already exceed that, but... whatever.

My understanding is, a cartomizer is a cartridge with an atomizer in it. Great, you get a fresh atomizer every time, but I assume cost scales as well.

But, posts I've read imply a cartomizer lasts longer than a cartridge. Is this correct?

Is there something more to it than just a cartridge-with-an-atomizer?

there is more filler in a cartomizer they are good for long trips and maybe for work. i never use a regular atomizer anymore. i love cartomizers. and a cartomizer just has a coil in it not actually an atomizer. they heat up fast and produce great flavor and great throat hit and great vapor. i would really look into getting some. ive had the same one for almost 3 weeks now and im still vaping on the same one. everyone says they need to be replaced but i just wash mine out and use it again. it still works. so why not?

i never used carts (meaning i used the 3-4 times in the beginning and immediately realized i hated them). i exclusively drip. i will be ordering cartos on my next big order in a couple weeks though, as they seem like a good solution to vaping when dripping is impractical (like while driving), and they seem to be getting rave reviews from experiences PV users.

interesting...

BLAST. I will have to make another order and pay S&H.

I wish Amazon had vaping products, and on Prime shipping :)

Amazon use to have some vaping stuff, but it went away.

Definatley try a carto. When we say a carto lasts longer than a cartridge, it means per fill. The juice in a cart will not last long, but the actual cart itself will last... well potentially forever. Just needs to be cleaned and new stuffing added once in a while. A cartomizer will have a limited life because once the coil goes, it's done. I direct drip most of the time and use cartos while driving and when on the go.

You may want to check this out (free shipping):

My link

Amazon use to have some vaping stuff, but it went away.

Definatley try a carto. When we say a carto lasts longer than a cartridge, it means per fill. The juice in a cart will not last long, but the actual cart itself will last... well potentially forever. Just needs to be cleaned and new stuffing added once in a while. A cartomizer will have a limited life because once the coil goes, it's done. I direct drip most of the time and use cartos while driving and when on the go.

You may want to check this out (free shipping):

My link

Ok, two points:

1) that site is skeeeetcheeeee (looks like sites I've made!)

2) I may order a couple packs tomorrow :)

Thanks!

Try Word Up, free shipping and Jeffery is a great guy, good stuff. :thumbsup:

edit: for spelling a/u

Edited by Kragax

• 2 weeks later...

i never used carts (meaning i used the 3-4 times in the beginning and immediately realized i hated them). i exclusively drip. i will be ordering cartos on my next big order in a couple weeks though, as they seem like a good solution to vaping when dripping is impractical (like while driving), and they seem to be getting rave reviews from experiences PV users.

FYI: The Premium Cartos from Vapor4Life on the Buzz at 4.5 - 5 volts is a PERFECT VAPE! I saw GrimmGreen do a video on these cartos and they really rocked. So I bought some to try and they are really much better than standard 510 cartos. They run at about 2.7 ohms resistance... making them get hotter and simply work better! Check these out if you haven't got any cartos yet... they are KR808's, which will work with a 901 adapter if you need. http://store.vapor4life.com/Vapor_King_Premium_Blank_Cartomizers_p/pvk-blanks.htm

By the way... they are like 25% off during Father's Day...

What is the best cartomizer for the joye 510? And maybe who has them reasonably priced? Thanks

Clouds of Vapor has the best price I've seen, and you get 10% off with the code "bigbuyer".

COV

I don't know that there's much variations among the cartos... they all run around 3.0 ohm (but there are some lower resistance ones popping up).

This site is clearing out the 510 cartos and has them on sale for $4.95 until they're gone. He sells primarily KR808 stuff, got in the 510 cartos and ended up just confusing his customers, so he's decided not to carry them any more.

Cigeasy

wow, $4.95 is a great price and I just went to order some and then saw the shipping brought one pack to $11. Maybe I should order something else to make it justifiable lol

Thanks for the info

Clouds of Vapor has the best price I've seen, and you get 10% off with the code "bigbuyer".

COV

I don't know that there's much variations among the cartos... they all run around 3.0 ohm (but there are some lower resistance ones popping up).

This site is clearing out the 510 cartos and has them on sale for $4.95 until they're gone. He sells primarily KR808 stuff, got in the 510 cartos and ended up just confusing his customers, so he's decided not to carry them any more.

Cigeasy

there are sites where you dont have to pay shipping and handleing! try to find a website that has free shipping.

just got my 510 cartos from

wordupecig.com always free shipping! :D

I'm liking 'em......a LOT!! like 8 bucks for 5 of them

Edited by ThaHodgehound

There are a bunch of threads on cartos. I think 20-30, varies. But check the thread on techniques for getting fluid in there. I use the lazy method. Keep the battery condom on, pull the white plug and the clear plug if inside. Then balance the carto open side up and fill up. wwalk away, when absorbed, do it again. After awhile you will have to shake it down like a thermometer. After it glistening and no more will go in, let sit for an hour or more. Then take the condom off the bottom and blow through over a paper towel to make sure there is no juice in the hole in the middle.

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/topic/4870-510-cartomizers/page__view__findpost__p__42791

Here's a Christopher vid that's in the how to section of the store:

http://www.vaportalkstore.com/pages/How-To!.html

Note there are other vids here as well, Direct Dripping, etc.

Edited by FTJoe

Thanks Joe. I used Chris's video to fill the cart, which came today by the way. :) I like it alot. I think the vapor is betting and it doesn't seem like it takes so much drawing on the cart. I found a new friend in cartos lol

There are a bunch of threads on cartos. I think 20-30, varies. But check the thread on techniques for getting fluid in there. I use the lazy method. Keep the battery condom on, pull the white plug and the clear plug if inside. Then balance the carto open side up and fill up. wwalk away, when absorbed, do it again. After awhile you will have to shake it down like a thermometer. After it glistening and no more will go in, let sit for an hour or more. Then take the condom off the bottom and blow through over a paper towel to make sure there is no juice in the hole in the middle.

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/topic/4870-510-cartomizers/page__view__findpost__p__42791

Here's a Christopher vid that's in the how to section of the store:

http://www.vaportalkstore.com/pages/How-To!.html

Note there are other vids here as well, Direct Dripping, etc.

Thanks Joe. I used Chris's video to fill the cart, which came today by the way. :) I like it alot. I think the vapor is betting and it doesn't seem like it takes so much drawing on the cart. I found a new friend in cartos lol

I am brand new to the vapor scene (and therefore, obviously to Cartomizers as well), and I found the Doctor Vapor video on using the Cart Cap Fill method to be very useful. Doesn't require disassembly of the carto and it's quick, easy, and mess-free. To give credit where credit is due, this method was originally developed by Dogsbody.

Glad you're liking them. :) I've been getting about 30 drops in mine, but occasionally I get one that seem to have more filler in it and will hold 40.

okay I may have spoke too soon. lol I think I did something wrong. I went with Chris's video and dripped the drops into the sides of the carto like the video said. At first it seemed to be working good then it seemed like I didn't have enough liquid in it cuz I was having to draw too much and not getting much vapor at all. I heard an air sound while drawing. So I added a few more drops, I don't think I added more than 20 in all. I am still getting an air draw and little vapor.

I am supposed to leave the white cap end on it right? The plug I mean that comes in it. All I took off were the rubber covers on each end. Did I overfill it?

Thanks. Sorry if I'm a pain lol

okay I may have spoke too soon. lol I think I did something wrong. I went with Chris's video and dripped the drops into the sides of the carto like the video said. At first it seemed to be working good then it seemed like I didn't have enough liquid in it cuz I was having to draw too much and not getting much vapor at all. I heard an air sound while drawing. So I added a few more drops, I don't think I added more than 20 in all. I am still getting an air draw and little vapor.

I am supposed to leave the white cap end on it right? The plug I mean that comes in it. All I took off were the rubber covers on each end. Did I overfill it?

If you are referring to the method in Chris' video, he takes the Cart Caps off, and then takes the white plastic piece out of the end. That's what he was using the push pin for. That way you are exposing the filler. You may also want to take a look at the video I linked as an alternative fill method that doesn't require any disassembly of the carto at all.

I dont' think you overfilled it... if you over fill it you will hear some gurgling. I normally drip onto the side while rotating the carto every few drop until it starts to pool a little at the top. Cartos are a little airy and may take some getting use to. And some may take 10 minutes for so to break in. I've had some that work great right off the bat, and others that take several minutes before they really kick in.

I remove the rubber white plug and drip until it leaks out the threads a little.I then dab it on a cloth or napkin until I don't get any more liquid out of the threaded end.I then insert a DSE 901 cart that has had half the part that goes inside cut off into it.I prefer the flat whistle tip to the metal round carto and the 901 tip is easier to remove when it is time to refill.It seems if I do the thing where it runs out the threads a little it kind of flushes it out a little and I get a week or two from one.