Pg/vg Pros And Cons

What are some of the benefits or advantages of one over the other when it comes to PG and VG liquids?

I've noticed the PG dries my sinuses out a bit although I did not realize it until I read the thread about the nose bleed.

Does VG do it too?

Which one produces more flavor and or vapor? Can you get VG with no Nic.?

PG produces more flavor and VG produces more vapor.

Yes, you can buy VG with no nic. You can even get it at Wal-Mart. It can be vaped plain or you can add flavor.

Advantages probably depend on the person. I prefer VG because I want more vapor.

What are some of the benefits or advantages of one over the other when it comes to PG and VG liquids?

I've noticed the PG dries my sinuses out a bit although I did not realize it until I read the thread about the nose bleed.

Does VG do it too?

Which one produces more flavor and or vapor? Can you get VG with no Nic.?

I realize that I am in the minority because I only vape 100% VG, most people (as far as I can tell by reading this forum) vape a 50/50 mix of PG/VG. I have tried PG liguids and 50/50 liquids I find that VG produces alot more vapor than PG ot the 50/50 mix. The reason people vape PG or the mix is that VG tends to have a sweet aftertaste that can overpower subtle flavors ( although a nice mixmaster can componsate for this). As for the drying out your mouth and sinuses VG still does that, I dont think to the extent that PG does. I am not a scientist nor a doctor, the only reason I think that VG doesn't dry you out as much as PG is based soley on my experiences ( your mileage may vary). I find a good blended VG juice tastes (again a purely subjective conclusion) as good as a well blended PG or 50/50 mix (if you want to know a good mixmaster/company for 100% VG Juices see the Nose Bleeds thread (Sorry I am not computer savvy enough to do those fancy link things)).

The VG I buy is USP Food Grade Organic and I buy it at my local Healthfood store. It is produces by a company called NOW FOODS and is sold as a skin softener and moisturizer(why it dries out your mouth/sinus when you vape it when it is sold as a moisturizer is beyond me but once again I am not a chemist nor a doctor)

I hope this helps

Cool thanks Sean and nana......

I vape VG menthol. I like it much better than PG. The amount of vapor produced in VG liquid is

pretty impressive. Others comment that you sacrifice taste. I disagree. The taste is accentuated

when exhaled out the nose. IMO. Additionally, it is easier to control when direct dripping as it is

thicker. I do not "drown" my atty near as often. I vape a 18 strength from WetYourStick. I really like it and

it surprisingly affords a decent throat hit for a pure VG liquid. Good luck to you.

Vape on.

I got tired of carts pretty quick, I only Direct Drip now. I'm gonna have to give some VG a try. Everything I have right now is PG. I am also thinking of going no Nic already. I have some juice but am trying to vape all the Nic I have up before I try it.

Is it the Nicotine that creates the throat hit??

I went to 0 nic within the first two months of vaping. Mainly just to see if I could. I could. It was easy. But I didn't use my nic juice up first. I use some nic now when I'm feeling stressed or just because I still have some I want to use, but not a lot. I'm having fun mixing up flavors and trying them out. I do that at 0 nic all the time. I have some 12mg Mr. Bean that was made by a friend that is wonderful, but I don't want to use it all up, so only use it sparingly.

Nana.....thats what my boy calls my wifes mom wink.gif I just started that! Got to thinking, what if I use it all up and then find out no nic aint doin it for me!?!?!

Yeah Joe I'm dissapointed. Feels like inhaling.......air! May just have to stay on low nic!

Yeah Joe I'm dissapointed. Feels like inhaling.......air! May just have to stay on low nic!

Yeah - kissing your cousin. Tech is getting there though, low res attys and 3.7 Volts and higher voltage devices help.

Nana.....thats what my boy calls my wifes mom wink.gif I just started that! Got to thinking, what if I use it all up and then find out no nic aint doin it for me!?!?!

That's what my grandkids started out calling me - still do quite a bit of the time. When I joined here, I didn't think we were supposed to use our real names (I'd never been to a forum before and wasn't sure how they worked). I couldn't think of anything else to call myself, so I used Nana. Then it seemed really weird to have grown people calling me Nana and I wished I hadn't used it, but it was too late to change it.

LOL! Well you are know to everybody here as Nana, y change now! Our boy calls my wifes parents Nana and Paw Paw. He calls my parents Oma and Opa. My mom is German and she picked what she wanted him to call them. wink.gif