Water/alcohol

In my reading I see that a lot of recipies use about 10% water or alcohol. Do any of you folks use it? If so what is the benefit? I use PG VG and Flavoring only. I tried vodka for additional throat hit but it sucked. Can anyone enlighten me? :turned:

Edited by Kragax

Can't get everclear here. I used 180 proof Devil Spring vodka for cleaning my stuff. What I wanted to know is why water or alchol was added at all. Is it just to thin the juice? Does it help it to atomize better? When I mix I don't add either, but wondered if I was missing something.

What I wanted to know is why water or alchol was added at all.

I saw it, I was just commenting on the everclear comment. At 180 proof, not sure it matters what you call it. Anyway, I figured a DIYer would show up eventually and answer the original question, apologies.

I was poking around a hobby store the other day and noticed two different types of VG. In the soap/candle making section was a seemingly thinned out VG and in the cake/candy making section was a much thicker VG. Was weird because both bottles claimed to be 100% VG. Anyway, if ya bought the thinner VG you probably wouldn't need to thin it out, but that thick stuff doesn't look vapable at all without thinning it somehow, water I assume, but ya might as well thin it with something that provides TH, eh? I would go for a 100 proof vodka like black label Smirnoff or something (if ya can't get EC).

I saw it, I was just commenting on the everclear comment. At 180 proof, not sure it matters what you call it. Anyway, I figured a DIYer would show up eventually and answer the original question, apologies.

No apology necessary by any means. Your input is always welcome.

Kragax, I think the VG I use with 20% distilled water. I don't know that it has any effect on vaping quality, only in making the VG easier to handle. I've tried everclear too for TH, and didn't think much of it personally. This probably is another of those cases of personal preference. Hope this helps.